What do you guys dose or add to your tanks?

Nanoreef13

I put in top off water twice daily ( this should stop is my son gave me his left over auto top off, and now I have an apex that I can look it into)

kalk wasser slow drip twice daily (hopefully this will also go into my auto top off Reservoir)

iodine twice a week

Strontium once a week(have no idea why but wife wants me to :) )

supplemetal calcium as needed usually once a week depending on levels.

I have no idea what idine level I have but i've been doing it a LONG time.  

but this will probably all change now that I have an apex and can control all kinds of things except actually having more hours in the day

what does everyone think?????

1 hour ago, cheap reefer said:

I dont dose anything...my thought is...keep up with water changes and use high qualty salt and you dont need to dose...ive had my water tested by a professional and all my parameters are good enough to grow anything...i try to focus more on light and feeding.

Cheap reefer how often do you do water changes?  What size tank and how much do you swap out during water changes. 

23 hours ago, Tonya said:

Cheap reefer how often do you do water changes?  What size tank and how much do you swap out during water changes. 

My main tank is a 65 gallon and i do a 15 gallon wc every sunday..and i stil swear by kent marine salt...im scraping off coraline every week..my biggest problem right now is lights but my parameters are all spot on.

• 1 month later...

I started to dose kalkwaser and then added buffer to raise ph,little did I know ,my dkh went through the roof.sabed the aquarium with major water change and realised when dosing, you dose equal parts( I've been told) so dose calcium and alk equally right? And in my kit ,nothing is labeled alk. Is the alk sodium bicarbonate? Or kalkwaser? The only other container was magnesium which I get. I chased numbers,learned my lesson,now just want stable calcium and alk as the corals grow

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...