Joe

Raspberry Pi?

I have used arduino for a few automation tank projects..like ato and timed pump shut downs..but it started to get really expensive buying a bunch of sensors..so it became another abandoned project...but no experience with pi here.

16 minutes ago, cheap reefer said:

I have used arduino for a few automation tank projects..like ato and timed pump shut downs..but it started to get really expensive buying a bunch of sensors..so it became another abandoned project...but no experience with pi here.

Sounds interesting. Any failures? The simplicity of the arduino should make it pretty reliable at least. 

It was very reliable..but unfortunately the water tight sensor started to get pricey...then i started worrying about the corrosion on the arduino from salt creap..and arduino is about 1/4 the price of raspberry pi...i guess in hindsight i could of remotely mounted the arduino...sooo...what are you thinking about doing with a raspberry pi? @Joe...you asked the question, so you must have something in mind...lol

4 hours ago, cheap reefer said:

It was very reliable..but unfortunately the water tight sensor started to get pricey...then i started worrying about the corrosion on the arduino from salt creap..and arduino is about 1/4 the price of raspberry pi...i guess in hindsight i could of remotely mounted the arduino...sooo...what are you thinking about doing with a raspberry pi? @Joe...you asked the question, so you must have something in mind...lol

I don't have anything particular in mind. I was just looking into controllers and was thinking of cool diy controllers.