Poma Labs Debuts Captive Bred Conspicuous Angelfish

Muttley000

Poma Labs Debuts Captive Bred Conspicuous Angelfish

JAKE ADAMS8 HOURS AGO64 conspic-angelfish-baby-captive-bred-poma
64SHARES

Poma Labs is a brand new venture co-founded by two very influential persons in the aquarium world, Nuri Fisher of Piscine Energetics, and Dr. Matthew Wittenrich, a pioneer in breeding ornamental marine fish. As the name implies, for now Poma Labs is laser-focused on breeding angelfish and they came out swinging with an unbelievable catalog of captive bred angelfish species. 

The roster includes captive bred singapore angelfish, blue line angelfish, blue spot angelfish, grey poma angels, personifer angelfish, all of the Chaetodontoplus genus including the big daddy of the group, and some might say all angelfish, the conspicuous angelfish. You read that right, captive bred conspics are now real and Poma Labs displayed around five beautiful one inch plus specimens which nearly stole everyone’s attention at MACNA 2017. 

singapore-angelfish-captive-bred.jpg

When I first saw the captive bred baby conspics, it was like all the air had been sucked out of the room and I went to my special place for a few minutes. These captive bred conspics, along with all the other aquarium grown angelfish in this tank were all so perky, colorful, beautiful, with perfect shape, fins and everything you’d expect from a master fish breeder like Dr. Wittenrich. 

The prices for these new treasures is reasonable across all the species, starting at around $115 for the CB Singapore angels, $505 for the bluelines, and $5,885 for the baby conspics. Keep in mind this is just the first wave of these exciting captive bred angelfish, availability is limited today but hopefully in time the prices should be able to come down (some) with improvements in production, numbers etc. 

Huge congratulations to Nuri and Matt for this monumental achievement, we look forward to hearing a lot more from Poma Labs in the near future. Their official launch press release is shared below. 

Poma Labs Inc. debuts with captive-bred Conspicuous Angelfish at the Marine Aquarium Conference of North America NEW ORLEANS, August 25, 2018 – Dr. Matt Wittenrich and Nuri Fisher, two aquarium industry veterans today announce the launch of Poma Labs Inc. at the Marine Aquarium Conference of North America., a ground-breaking sustainable approach to aquaculture marine aquarium angelfish. 

Poma Labs debuts with 9 species and hybrids of angelfish available directly to hobbyists through the companies website www.pomalabs.com with many more species in the works. Wittenrich states “This company has been a life long dream of mine. Twenty years ago I could only imagine breeding angelfish. Today with the support of family and help of my co-founder Nuri Fisher, President of Piscine Energetics, this dream is realized. 

Our skill sets combine to master the reproductive and dietary needs of angelfishes in a unique way that gives us the ability to offer them directly to aquarists with the best guarantee in the industry.” An unparalleled customer centric experience is what aquarium hobbyists will experience from Poma Labs. “We feel breeder direct delivery offers the best chance of having a healthy fish for years to come and allows Poma Labs to prioritize our customers and continue our research and development of new species.” States Wittenrich 

To learn more about Poma Labs please visit www.pomalabs.com

https://reefbuilders.com/2017/08/28/poma-labs-debuts-captive-bred-conspicuous-angelfish/