Chaeto reactor

Levi

I do not think it will need all 70w but it has a controller that comes with it for full dimming control as well as color spectrum control.  I have a 28g jbj nanocube with a sump that I am looking forward to using the reactor on and see how well it does as the main source of filtration along with 1 CF of cermedia in the sump.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I don’t have any pictures of it. I made a second version that I sell which has a much easier lid that removes and uses pvc instead of clear acrylic for the center tube. The acrylic center tube grows algae so using pvc prevents that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I had one tossed one of these together, it works okay in my opinion.  Biggest issue is having it easy to clean otherwise it's just a nuisance. I don't really think they're worth it for medium to larger sized tanks.

I used this dimmer with these LEDS to handle the lighting.

I wound up using it on this reactor because it was free at some point.  Measured 4.3" L x 3.3" W x 13.0" H

The glow was annoying so I put put a cover with a zipper on it.  These Colder push-lock couplings were useful when cleaning it.

I debated recreating it with a better reactor for a while but it ultimately just got stored away.  If you have a nano AIO they're probably worth it, just try to get a nicer reactor that's easy to open while still waterproof.