Muttley000

Muttley000's Apex ATK

Picked this up on the 10% off sale but haven't got to really check it out yet.  First problem, go figure, the magnet isn't strong enough to hold it to 3/4" of plywood with 1/4" of epoxy on it lol.  I have some glass pieces sketched up that I will get to the shop that cuts for me.  I'm going to hang a piece off of my glass eurobrace (this type of problem is one of the reasons I put this there) on my sump with some gussets to make it stable enough.  Hopefully I will have that by the weekend.  I did get the unit mounted and added to my Apex!  I'll update when I get my glass.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Muttley000 said:

Got my glass picked up to make my mount.  I love that I can fax this guy a sketch and he will leave it outside for me because he knows I can't get there before he closes.  Hope to get started tomorrow!

That's awesome. It's nice to hear that places like that are still around. Guess that's country living for ya ;)

Got a few minutes to play with this finally.  First issue is that the float switch shuts off the flow before I can get to the sensor, but that was easily adjusted.  I'm using a 33 gallon brut as a top off container, so I need the siphon break they give you.  Note to everyone that may use the siphon break, make sure the hole faces down!  A lot more water than I expected shoots out of the hole when the pump is running!  I also have modified my program to let the pump run 10 minutes instead of 5 without faulting.  The section I top off in is about 3' square, and the first time I ran it it took 6 minutes to cover the switch.  I will log the output to see what happens when the system is running itself.  Lastly I ran out of time but it appeared my lower switch wasn't working at first, but it turned out it takes a little push to seat the switches in the FMM.  I did get to test both switches but left the ATK pump off instead of auto because I didn't want to leave for 14 hours not being sure.  Maybe tonight I'll get to finish.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So I was having issues with my ATK overfilling. I thought that the sensors were not working, but after manually moving it to allow the sensors to be above and underwater, I found out that it was working just fine. Turns out my siphon break was not placed in a good location, so I ended up moving it basically inside my ATO container. This has corrected the issue, and I havent noticed it overfilling any longer. I did the exact opposite in my programming, and reduced the fill time to 2.5 minutes instead of 5. 

15 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

@jeff70 here is mine. @crimsonvice is running one also. Here is why I like it so much, way more stabil than dumping 5 gallon buckets!

4F03BA23-1E01-40F3-AC85-C42EF9CB0F77.png

So this is my first official ATO system, so I have nothing to compare it to. I previously used my RODI system to a float valve system directly in the sump. It was dummy proof and easy to use. I wasn't ever really concerned about failure, I figured I would just replace the float valve every so often. 

Anyways, back to the Neptune ATK... I have mixed feelings about it. It works as described, but I don't totally love it. I am not a huge fan on the  siphon break (AKA high pressure squirt gun) and in the beginning I had setup issues. This just makes me feel meh, about the product. When it comes to functionality though, I cant really complain. Like I said, it does what it is designed to do, so I cant fault it there. 

Sorry for jacking your thread @Muttley000

i am having a problem with this.  The firmware upgrade for the module has left my FMM thinking my low optical sensor is a flow sensor.  I have tried to reconfigure the module, deleted and readded both that sensor and the module and it still reverts back.  So manual topping off for me until I have more time to dig in to it.

4 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

i am having a problem with this.  The firmware upgrade for the module has left my FMM thinking my low optical sensor is a flow sensor.  I have tried to reconfigure the module, deleted and readded both that sensor and the module and it still reverts back.  So manual topping off for me until I have more time to dig in to it.

That is odd.

On 11/3/2017 at 2:18 PM, Muttley000 said:

It faulted out and sent me a text and email. It appears by the amount I had to top off that it stopped at that time also. 

Did you ever figure out the problem? 

1 hour ago, Nanoreef13 said:

@crimsonvice mine has a timer on it and if it runs for two long then it will shut off 

Correct, but the switch in Fusion is set on "AUTO" still , correct? My switch literally turns to "OFF", which causes the whole ATO system to not function even if the water level drops below the Low sensor. 

10 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

@Muttley000 Does your ATO ever just turn off? I have noticed that after I do a water change or something, there are times when the ATO will turn itself off. No errors or anything, it just turns off. 

Running too long like if you don't shut it down while doing a water change will do it.  Also hitting the top switch depending on programming.  Faulting the ATK switches it to off so you have to make a decision to turn it back on, it's an extra fail safe. 

Since I woke up early (why that happens after 12 hours at the shop and coming home to move 60 bags of concrete, 28 sheets of underpayment, drywall, and 600 square feet of 3/4 hickory flooring is beyond me!) I got to play with my FMM for a few minutes.  I moved the switch that kept changing to a flow meter to port 3 and ran the ATK set up that way and it works.  Tested it and it filled and shut off just fine.  Soooo, I think I will now put a ticket in to tech support now to see if it was a firmware upgrade issue on the module, or if I have a defective FMM.  With the cooler weather I really need this working!

On 11/8/2017 at 5:26 AM, Muttley000 said:

Since I woke up early (why that happens after 12 hours at the shop and coming home to move 60 bags of concrete, 28 sheets of underpayment, drywall, and 600 square feet of 3/4 hickory flooring is beyond me!) I got to play with my FMM for a few minutes.  I moved the switch that kept changing to a flow meter to port 3 and ran the ATK set up that way and it works.  Tested it and it filled and shut off just fine.  Soooo, I think I will now put a ticket in to tech support now to see if it was a firmware upgrade issue on the module, or if I have a defective FMM.  With the cooler weather I really need this working!

Keep us posted on how they handle this. Hopefully it goes well and you get it figured out. 

A year later this works like a champ.  I'm thinking of getting a second one for my 29 that is not on the multi tank system.  Who else is using one?

I never updated the problem above, it ap was an auto detect issue that I just had to change a check box