The Toledo Zoo & Aquarium...

BusyBee

OK...  I never started one of these, so this is sort of a test...  (Hopefully I won't screw this up... :rolleyes:)  We visited the Toledo Zoo and Aquarium, last Monday, haven't been there in years and a lots has changed.  I am including a selection of pictures...

IMG_4421.JPG

IMG_4250.JPG

IMG_4356.JPG

IMG_4225.JPG

IMG_4370.JPG

IMG_4392.JPG

IMG_4259.JPG

IMG_4378.JPG

IMG_4402.JPG

IMG_4407.JPG

IMG_4406.JPG

IMG_4403.JPG

IMG_4255.JPG

IMG_4415.JPG

IMG_4237.JPG

IMG_4382.JPG

IMG_4293.JPG

IMG_4306.JPG

IMG_4309.JPG

IMG_4315.JPG

IMG_4324.JPG

IMG_4323.JPG

IMG_4320.JPG

IMG_4321.JPG

IMG_4317.JPG

IMG_4329.JPG

11 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Wow, excellent pictures!  Thanks for sharing!

Thanks...  I'm still having trouble with picture uploads.  I couldn't get all my photos to list.  They weren't any larger than "others" that did...  I just got up load failed messages on some???  (Or...  It read something like that...)

I have to say... I was a little disappointed in the reef aquarium set-ups at the Toledo zoo.  One...  The big one...  Was clearly all FAKE coral and rock.  The one real "live" coral tank was OK... Not exactly a blow your socks off incredible by any means...

1 hour ago, BusyBee said:

I have to say... I was a little disappointed in the reef aquarium set-ups at the Toledo zoo.  One...  The big one...  Was clearly all FAKE coral and rock.  The one real "live" coral tank was OK... Not exactly a blow your socks off incredible by any means...

I have noticed that with many aquariums. Even the Newport Aquarium located in Northern Kentucky is pretty disappointing when it comes to real reef. They have a few nems and clowns and then maybe some soft coral and GSP here and there but that is it.

Your pictures are fantastic! What is your camera setup?

22 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

I have noticed that with many aquariums. Even the Newport Aquarium located in Northern Kentucky is pretty disappointing when it comes to real reef. They have a few nems and clowns and then maybe some soft coral and GSP here and there but that is it.

Your pictures are fantastic! What is your camera setup?

Ops...  Now that you mention nems...  I miss spoke earlier on Toledo zoo only having one "live" coral tank.  They had two...  I forgot...  There was an Anemone tank.  (It was just so impressive and memorable...)

I was using a Canon EOS 60D with a 75-300mm lens, most of the time.