Everything Apex

crimsonvice

• 3 months later...

Help with some code.  I am wanting to turn off my skimmer from 0000-0300 to see if this will help raise my nitrates some. I created a VO called Skimmer_Rest and here is the code for both outlets.

Skimmer_Rest
Set OFF
If Time 00:00 to 03:00 Then ON

Skimmer
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
If ATO_HI CLOSED Then OFF
If Output Maintenance = ON Then OFF
If Output ReturnPump = OFF Then OFF
If Output Skimmer_Rest = ON Then OFF
If Power Apex Off 001 Then OFF
Defer 007:00 Then ON

Will this achieve the outcome I am looking for? 

44 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

Help with some code.  I am wanting to turn off my skimmer from 0000-0300 to see if this will help raise my nitrates some. I created a VO called Skimmer_Rest and here is the code for both outlets.

Skimmer_Rest
Set OFF
If Time 00:00 to 03:00 Then ON

Skimmer
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
If ATO_HI CLOSED Then OFF
If Output Maintenance = ON Then OFF
If Output ReturnPump = OFF Then OFF
If Output Skimmer_Rest = ON Then OFF
If Power Apex Off 001 Then OFF
Defer 007:00 Then ON

Will this achieve the outcome I am looking for? 

This looks worth a try. Copy the code into a different outlet and log that output to try it out. Question, will your sump level rise when your skimmer is turned off and trip out the high sensor on your ATK?  If so you will want to block that error message when skimmer rest is true. If you are experiencing high evaporation in those 3 hours your ATK may not be able to finish in the first cycle after the skimmer comes back on, not sure how to get around that

Edited by Muttley000
Autocorrect thinks skimmer should be slimmer!

48 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

This looks worth a try. Copy the code into a different outlet and log that output to try it out. Question, will your sump level rise when your skimmer is turned off and trip out the high sensor on your ATK?  If so you will want to block that error message when skimmer rest is true. If you are experiencing high evaporation in those 3 hours your ATK may not be able to finish in the first cycle after the skimmer comes back on, not sure how to get around that

No, I think it will be fine. There is enough room in the sump for it to handle the excess water without tripping the high sensor.