My 180 build

ErickS

Lights are odyssea quad t5 (will add an sbreef strip led

4 drains into 2 sumps connected together. Return is an eco tech m1. One will have bio balls  some sand and rock. The other will have a 302 aquatics algea scrubber with chaeto for pods

the return will come up the back of the tank

2 sicce xstream wave makers at start . One on each end . Will add one or 2 more in back middle. 

170 lbs of rock and 140 lbs oflive sand . Possibly more of each will see how it looks when up and running. 

2 500 watt finnex titanium heaters . One in each other flow. 

Dosser, programmer, uv sterilizer added at some point. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2017 at 8:21 PM, Muttley000 said:

Looking good!

Holes are drilled , bulkheads installed, pipe is cut. Half way through glueing pipe . Making progress. 54 hrs a week and setting up this tank is making a slow process but I'm getting there. 

6 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Nice! What's the plan going forward?

Will be coral and fish. Still need a dosing setup. Probably adding a uv sterilization at some point. I need to finish the canopy for it. Will start out slow once cycled. I'm by no means a saltwater water veteran so its still a learning process 

Nice! Looks great so far. I wouldn't be so worried about dosing at this point until you start getting a bunch of LPS or SPS in your system. Regular water changes will keep your Alkalinity, Calcium, and Magnesium within proper ranges for a good while in a 180. I would just continue to monitor them and when you start to notice that water changes are not keeping them in your desired range, then slowly start dosing. This will give you one less thing to worry about for now. 

Just for reference, I have a 120(~140 with sump volume) and do a 10% water change every week. I have about 15 frags/mini colonies for LPS and SPS in my tank. I am able to maintain my water parameters with just the water changes, though I will probably start dosing here soon just to keep up on it as things grow. 

26 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

Nice! Looks great so far. I wouldn't be so worried about dosing at this point until you start getting a bunch of LPS or SPS in your system. Regular water changes will keep your Alkalinity, Calcium, and Magnesium within proper ranges for a good while in a 180. I would just continue to monitor them and when you start to notice that water changes are not keeping them in your desired range, then slowly start dosing. This will give you one less thing to worry about for now. 

Just for reference, I have a 120(~140 with sump volume) and do a 10% water change every week. I have about 15 frags/mini colonies for LPS and SPS in my tank. I am able to maintain my water parameters with just the water changes, though I will probably start dosing here soon just to keep up on it as things grow. 

Thank you for the advice. The plan is to do as little water changes as possible in the future. As I did my research and set up my system this was in mind. The doser  isn't a now item as you said . It is in plans though. It is appreciated the reference point . That gives me a starting point as far as amount of Coral before I need dosing. It's all part of my learning curve

1 minute ago, ErickS said:

Thank you for the advice. The plan is to do as little water changes as possible in the future. As I did my research and set up my system this was in mind. The doser  isn't a now item as you said . It is in plans though. It is appreciated the reference point . That gives me a starting point as far as amount of Coral before I need dosing. It's all part of my learning curve

Cool keep us posted. If you ever have questions feel free to ask... no question is a dumb question. Many knowledgeable people around here.