• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Drilling aquarium

Outlaw

Don’t be nervous it is very easy to do. Take your time, use the slower speed if you have it on your drill, let the drill do the work and keep it wet and you will be fine. I would guess I have drilled a hundred holes over the years and never had a problem. Im kind of far from you but could drill it for you if you wanted to get it here. There used to be videos at glassholes.com to watch also. 

You know how to drill them [mention=2417]XBoxxyX[/mention]  [mention=157]Muttley000[/mention] You have any knowledge on drilling glass 
I have only drilled 4 holes but it's not hard, no pressure go slow, I'm in findlay if you need help

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Tips:

1) Let the weight of the drill do the work
2) use adjustable torque chuck and set on lowest setting that allows the bit to turn under the weight of the drill
3) use a piece of acrylic and drill a hole through it the same size as the diamond hole saw to use as a guide to help keep your bit steady
4) use plumber putty between the acrylic guide and glass to provide a water damn, roll putty into a snake and circle the hole so that water will hold in the cavity between acrylic and glass
5) I slowly rock the drill in a circular motion so that the entire diamond bit isn’t against the glass at any one time, reducing the friction and heat generated
6) when using the above method make sure to understand that this should only be done on lowest torque setting so that if the bit binds it will not crack the glass
7) use low torque high speed setting on drill
8) I prefer to go as fast as possible speed wise on the drill, I typically stop and check my depth many times and slow down near the end. Make sure to use painters tape over the inside of the hole so the glass puck doesn’t fall before it’s completely cut. Also put a towel down on the other glass so any debris does not scratch the other glass.

I’m happy to do it for you. I work tomorrow until 5pm but feel free to call or text me after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk