Live Aquaria got me again...

crimsonvice

B52850B0-24F7-4379-8536-D573084DDEE5.thumb.png.674f076dd889ac49c60eab4e58dc3e9d.png

Should be arriving Thursday morning. I had a credit on my account, used some rewards points, and with the clam being on sale I only ended up spending a little over $10 to get this shipped. 

Anyone have any pointers for a first time clan buyer? Figured I would place it in a small container with sand in it. Then slowly acclimate it to the MH lighting. Anything else???

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on the clam? I too recently acquired one and he is firmly planted on the frag. So I put him in a nice little open area bottom of the tank. And he is moving ever so slowly toward the glass. Kinda curious how your clam acted after the first week? Did he move or try to reconfigure himself? Did he move near rock or away? Beautiful color by the way 

9 hours ago, Clueless said:

Any news on the clam? I too recently acquired one and he is firmly planted on the frag. So I put him in a nice little open area bottom of the tank. And he is moving ever so slowly toward the glass. Kinda curious how your clam acted after the first week? Did he move or try to reconfigure himself? Did he move near rock or away? Beautiful color by the way 

It seems to be doing okay. I will try and snag pictures when I get home. It hasn't moved or attached to anything, other than being knocked around by my snails. I have it on a clam disk, hoping that it would attach to it, but no success thus far. I think I am going to move its location in the tank more front and center to see if it will color up some more. It seems kind of pale right now. 

9 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

Well I have been meaning to snag a picture of my clam. Well here ya go...

7C89F526-4886-42FE-B1EF-AEFD310AF071.thumb.jpeg.8b8b97a9c5a67cce6fd72f389e9871f4.jpeg

:blink:

Maybe I should have snagged it earlier. This is what I came home to. Idk what happened. Everything has been stable and growing great, except for this.

That is a way many of them seem to go, all at once very quickly.  Sorry to hear