What is the most you would pay for coral???

crimsonvice

What is the most you would pay for coral???  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most you would pay for coral???

• <$25
    • $25-50
    • $50-75
    • $75-100
    • $100-200
    • $200-500
    • $500-999
    • $1000+

I know this is can be a variable answer depending on the type of coral, color, and vendor. Yet, I think most of us have a limit as to what we would pay for a single piece from any of the mentioned variables. I recently saw a zoa pack from a big name vendor going for $1200! Keep in mind this is for 5 single headed zoa frags. Some I thought were pretty and I would spend a little extra to maybe get a head or two, but not $240 for a single head. 

So what is your limit? Cast your vote, and post what your specifics would be in this thread. 

Personally, I like zoas, acans, and SPS weather it is montis or acros I like the look of them all. So it would be hard to say what my limit would be for any of my favorites, because they are different species of coral and each seems to have its own standard of value. I know that personally the highest I have spent on a single piece of anything is $65. That was at the 2016 Buckeye Reef Marine Expo. Granted I had more money in my pocket, but I wanted to spread out a little and try this and that in my tank. Now that I have gotten past the beginner fever or throwing everything in my tank that I can afford, I see the beauty of saving up for a nice piece. 

...regardless of what I spend, as far as my wife is concerned its always <$40 :D