crimsonvice

Rodi on cistern?

Okay, so we are officially moving into the house on Saturday. I am thinking about running my waste water line, back into the cistern somehow. The only problem I am seeing is that the waste line will have to run outside for a short stint to the cistern drain. If I insulate the outside waste line somehow, do you think it will freeze during the winter?

@Buckeye Hydro

Running water won't freeze as easily, but I am guessing you will be talking about a very small amount of flow which will be a problem when it's really cold I think.  I'm not sure how big the cistern is, but I am wondering if the waste water goes back to it how much a concern concentrating the contamination is.  Looking forward to Russ' response!

Yeah. My biggest concern would the any water standing in the line when there is no flow, and then also the increased waste concentration. I have heard of people running water through the filter 2 or 3 times, but I don't know if this is good. We would also be using the cistern water for showers and toilet flushes that kind of thing. I will see again how big the cistern is. I already forgot. lol