Joe’s Rebound Nano

Joe

• Joe locked this topic
  • Joe unlocked this topic

Ordered. The plan for this build is to keep it as simple as possible. And getting it up and running as quickly as possible.  Going all live cured sand and rock for an almost instant tank. Starting with this very basic kit tank. No mods will be done for a few months at least. Maybe longer. I do not own an rodi and don’t plan on getting one for this tank. I will use “ocean” water that will be shipped to the door. I will also be using filtered store bought water for as long as I can before it starts giving me trouble. CF0140D2-551F-4461-9E9A-9C10DBE25427.png

On 2/4/2018 at 10:53 AM, Joe said:

Plan is to have it up and running before the Expo. So I can buy stuff at the Expo. First thing going in is a trio of designer clowns. Have to see what Boyah brings. 

Pretty happy with my snowflakes from Mantis. He brought a couple nice ones to the swap last year, pretty reasonable. I lost one somehow when I moved a bunch of big rock pieces into my new tank. I picked up a replacement directly in Westerville. Worth the trip to see his centerpiece 400 inside his front door!

39 minutes ago, hllywd said:

Pretty happy with my snowflakes from Mantis. He brought a couple nice ones to the swap last year, pretty reasonable. I lost one somehow when I moved a bunch of big rock pieces into my new tank. I picked up a replacement directly in Westerville. Worth the trip to see his centerpiece 400 inside his front door!

I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you. 

31 minutes ago, zachegg said:

Nice. Aside from the clowns what else are you thinking about putting in there?

A few easy corals. I’m thinking a mandarin, a couple fire fish, and a blood red shrimp. That’ll pretty much fill it up. 

10 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

That will be a lot of action in that size tank.  you are going to need a mandarin that is off live foods quick!

I plan on stocking it with pods of all sizes a few months before I get one. I’d rather it just eat live and restock regularly. I’m still debating on what to feed. But right now I’m leaning towards pellets. 

10 hours ago, Craig said:

Cant wait to see this tank!

Me either. Lol

I like the tank. It’s a shame to put this tank as anything other than a peninsula tank. 

Look who endorses this tank. Mr. Saltwater Tank himself. 

FD5C053E-A527-466D-BB32-A0599E6A5BEE.jpeg

The picture on the box are a little misleading. I wouldn’t trust these lights to grow some of the things in the picture. 

F1A81AE8-36A9-4AF6-A38F-12BAF726139E.jpeg

I want one of these. What ever it is. 

555CBDAD-E773-4839-9B51-EFEF5152EF6E.jpeg

The light looks bright. But there are no optics. 

3903988A-E44E-442E-B877-58A6B36FEB04.jpegEB1C0BDC-27CF-4EF2-AE07-723CBA5A235F.jpegAE5491AB-B58F-4DC8-9BAE-EEB9533A2DB9.jpeg79480D9B-39F9-4D2B-AA8E-B8920B93851B.jpeg