IceCap 3K Gyre

Jesse

I don't believe the controller that comes with this is apex ready.  Icecap does make a controller for the actual Maxspect gyre pump that is apex ready and I am running that one.  To be honest the big advantage to what I doing is that I get the alternating gyre mode, and that is built into the controller that comes with this. If you are wanting to shut it off for feed mode I suppose you could put the power supply for it onto an outlet for your apex and just kill it.  If you are wanting it to change flow intensities with your lighting and things like that all done on apex I don't believe it will give you that.  Hopefully somebody here is running the exact product and can fill in some blanks.

Running the 3K on my 70 reef. About 40% and it’s more then enough flow. Have a small power head on the opposite end and that gives random turbulence. Not apex compatable that I know of or I would use it on my apex. Fairly quiet but the faster you run it the more you hear the whine from it. Had it about 8-12 months.