Ich?

Sortakindanoob

I'll be honest, I broke the man code and followed the directions. I will be getting a test kit later today, since I will want to do a water change to suck up any trash on the bottom of the tankk. .  I think the coral beauty was too weakened from the Ich to begin with, stress of moving to the QT and then the medicine, his fins were shredded too; they weren't like that when I moved him. 

Update day 2: tested water today fter 48 hrs, according to direction, tested at .02ish. Dosed 1 ml and tested 4 hrs later, reading about .04ish. The yellow tang looks a little haggard and has developed some brown splotches, kinda like a lightly bruised banana, but other than looking bruised and hung over, he is swimming and eating a little. 

I also want to thank everyone that has helped with this, it has been a learning experience. Hopefully we can meet in 2 weeks. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's been awhile for an update.  About 2 weeks ago the yellow tang developed an infection, dosed with kanaplex and cured pretty quickly. Unfortunately my strawberry pseudochromis didn't make it through the kanaplex. Couple of water changes and everyone else is looking good. Now just the waiting game for another month or so to rwintroduce the lm back to the display tank.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

It's been awhile since the last update:

I was extra patient and waited 85 days to reintroduce the fish back into the display tank. Everybody is doing well and healthy. I think I'm going to get a 10g tank to use as a quarantine tank for my next acquisitions. Having to tear down the tank to get everyone out was a PITA, so extra caution this time. 

7 hours ago, Sortakindanoob said:

Hi all,

It's been awhile since the last update:

I was extra patient and waited 85 days to reintroduce the fish back into the display tank. Everybody is doing well and healthy. I think I'm going to get a 10g tank to use as a quarantine tank for my next acquisitions. Having to tear down the tank to get everyone out was a PITA, so extra caution this time. 

Great to hear!  Nice work!