Frag House Corals

crimsonvice

So I was bad and participated in a live sale on R2R. This was my first live sale, and I have to say it was quite fun. Though it hit the wallet a little hard. Should be shipping out sometime today with a Tuesday morning arrival. I will keep you guys posted with some pictures and a review of the whole process. 

Overall I would have to say I am pleased. What I liked is for every frag that was posted, there was a side by side actinic and 14k (Maybe 10k) photo. So there were no surprises when you got it home.

Packaging was super. Everything was double packed and vacuum sealed. Zero pests when dipping.

I was disappointed in almost all of the sizes of the frags. Everything is definitely less than an inch, if not closer to half an inch. To me, even at the 40%+ off prices, I feel gypped. I am not sure if I will buy again just because of that reason. It would have to be a super good deal, or because I am looking for one specific coral.

Last night I was down organizing things and getting ready for the expo, and I look over and see there is a frag still left in the Styrofoam container ...

:omg: :blink::wacko::blink::omg:

At quick glance it seemed to still be fine, and not a bleached stick. I floated it for 15 minutes and quickly placed it on the frag rack. It appears to have some tissue loss on what I would consider the underside of the frag. In total maybe 35% was bleaching at the base. Overall, it still looked pretty good but who knows what is going to happen. This morning it did not appear to have lost any more tissue, in fact some of the polyps were out on the living side. 

I mentioned the frag size publicly in the thread on R2R.

@FraghouseCorals Extremely happy with everything that came in my order, and thanks for the freebie! :) This is my first time ordering from you so I have nothing to compare it too, but are your frags usually about .5" or was that just a live sale thing? Everything just seemed to be a little on the small side. Not complaining, because everything is super happy, just would like to know for future reference.

Man did I get jumped. 

Small? Maybe just the frags you won not sure but there was some really chunky pieces in the sale.... really just depends what you buy.... this isn’t maricultured acro though so yes sometimes there smaller. It was all WYSIWYG so if you ended up with smaller pieces then I’m not sure what to say my friend

I feel like I should back Brandon up here....there were some very large frags available in this live sale. Sure, there were some smaller ones, but every frag purchased had pictures of the frag you were buying. I noticed shortly after putting my frags in, that when I compared my haul at this live sale to what I had gotten from 2 other well known vendors in the last couple months, the stuff from Brandon was much larger.  Even with a couple months growth, most of the frags from other vendors weren't as big as what I got from this sale.

I've bought from Brandon before. He is really good with his frags. The sale had some monster sized pieces in it. I did get a couple smaller frags this sale, but I could see they were smaller and also well known "named" stuff. It was WYSIWYG. I did also jump on some of the very large frags he had. Can't wait to get my order!

So my point was not to call anyone out, I legitimately wanted to know if this is how he sells his corals. 9 out of 14 frags are closer to .5" than .75". I understand the WYSIWYG policy, but these frags were flying off the table before I could even load the website page. So I was never comparing egg crate and frag plug size to the actual frag. I had a list of what I wanted, and when I saw it I bought it. Out of 1600+ frags listed for sale, I am sure there were some chunky ones. I did in fact receive a few that were closer to the 1" mark. The corals are very pretty, healthy, and I am sure will look great once grown. I guess I am use to people like @Lazylivin and other vendors who actually sell frags and not nubs. Now, if I order again, I will know what to expect. 

Makes me love BR more and more. The atmosphere here is much better, and you don't have to worry about becoming shark bait (hoo ha ha). 

41 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

Man did I get jumped. 

Makes me love BR more and more. The atmosphere here is much better, and you don't have to worry about becoming shark bait (hoo ha ha). 

I like that it doesn’t feel like anyone has an agenda here also as opposed to the big forums. I’m glad you made this thread because I am generally cheap and I’ll admit it. I would have been upset and I’ll guarantee the vendor wasn’t making sure you would notice how small they were. This is one of the reasons I have such a fear of buying online. 

Yeah this was a big splurge for me.

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse... But I went back through the pictures on the thread to just see. The pictures are taken at an top down angle, making it hard to evaluate frag size in some pictures.

FHC Dooms day milli

E2107E27-FD1D-4680-A115-3C60F7DCE695.jpeg.55405d9715c58acca06bb8515f5177cc.jpeg

79C18646-CB63-4063-935E-49DA9ED70BBD.thumb.jpeg.fe6ab8a53fa8bfc7eca8436250d2f050.jpeg

FHC Bluekachu

B96AB1B3-D54A-4CAF-8D6C-0EAD0BAF7DE3.jpeg.8be457d9515a3440e6a9c871d8da9ad4.jpeg

A97C193A-20A6-4747-9476-8C3248915223.thumb.jpeg.b6f1e714d30cbe4a5c9d21fc8fed2112.jpeg