crimsonvice

Pink & Gold Zoa Grow Out - Official Thread

Since I can’t take a good still pic...

i count 22 polyps when they’re closed up. 16 or 17 seem to be visible when they’re in full bloom. Moving them high up directly under a Radion XR30 G2 Pro did the trick.

54 minutes ago, Flounder said:

Up to 8 heads, doubled in 1 month! Putting these in high light certainly helped with the growth.

009.JPG

Since you just had the par meter what is high light?  I had moved mine under 300 ish and only got from 8 to 9 polyps in a month

On 8/7/2018 at 6:58 PM, Muttley000 said:

Since you just had the par meter what is high light?  I had moved mine under 300 ish and only got from 8 to 9 polyps in a month

They are in 350.

Sorry guys I have been out camping and did not have reception to check in on this. Given that the month is half over, I am going to call it for those that have not given a final head count. 

It seems that @hllywd has won the contest with the growth of 20 new heads! @SilentNight1793 was in a super close second with the growth of 19 new heads! Both have a total head count of 22 heads. 

Congrats @hllywd on winning the contest!!! PM me your information and I will ship out the Triton Labs test kits to you. 

That’s kind of hard to believe, I know a lot of you are way more accomplished than me at growing corals, in fact I’m having some issues with my SPS. Plan A was continuous water changes, not Triton with this new tank. I still think that may be the better option. Anyway, I appreciate the opportunity. Oh, and really, 10” or 12” under my G2 Radion Pros these things went crazy!

4 hours ago, hllywd said:

That’s kind of hard to believe, I know a lot of you are way more accomplished than me at growing corals, in fact I’m having some issues with my SPS. Plan A was continuous water changes, not Triton with this new tank. I still think that may be the better option. Anyway, I appreciate the opportunity. Oh, and really, 10” or 12” under my G2 Radion Pros these things went crazy!

Congrats!

On 8/14/2018 at 2:23 PM, hllywd said:

Your obviously doing something right!

That is one of the joys of SPS. LOL!