Joe

Thinking of getting one of these and using it externally to help with heat. 

From the manufacturer

eFlux DC Flow Pumps

e704f7f2-5762-47ac-b5c0-4bd0ae355db0.png
Connect Sync LOOP

LOOP is the first and only system designed for connecting and syncing lights, pumps and other accessories into a single, controllable network.

Expandable and upgradeable, LOOP is the most affordable intelligent control solution focused on ease of operation and user experience.

• Orbit IC LED
  • eFlux Wave Pumps
  • eFlux Flow Pump
64acf8b5-3b4a-4f5b-adbd-d68744c607f2.jpg

+ Wireless Control

eFlux controllable DC flow pumps efficiently produce strong water flow with high pressure. Featuring a sealed DC motor and magnetic drive design, eFlux flow pumps can be used inline (external) or submersible in both marine and freshwater.

• Quiet operation
  • Up to 65% in energy savings
  • Safe, low voltage 24V DC
  • LOOP compatible
  • Soft start gently ramps pump to speed
  • IC electronic detection protects pump if no water is present

FLOW 24/7 - Small. Quiet. Powerful.

c951a389-af03-4f84-9b38-439f8072f55f.jpg 

Adjustable Flow

Unlike traditional AC water pumps, eFlux flow pumps are DC powered and completely controllable. Simply turn the dial to adjust the flow until the optimal flow rate is reached. This eliminates the need for flow restricting valves and ensures peak performance using less power.

1063ce8a-d50d-4758-964f-e612cad68d99.jpg 

Incredibly Easy

A cinch to install, eFlux Flow pumps have a very small footprint, allowing them to fit into even smaller sumps and tight spaces. High flow combined with high pressure makes them the perfect choice for return pump applications.

6485ac7b-6aa8-42e8-9cab-c68a01662964.jpg 

Use It In or Out

Safe for saltwater or freshwater systems, eFlux DC flow pumps can be installed submersible or external (inline). Quick couple hose barb fittings are included to make installation and servicing easy.

2a7355e4-a9d7-4b3e-b02a-105f1cf37a7d.PNG

How does LOOP connect?

It's as Simple as 1 2 3

5fc0bfee-bfdb-4e6e-b306-94f5f77a0287.png

Orbit IC LED

Multiples Options from 18" to 72".

f67ea55f-8dcd-4f09-a858-65e4c3953072.jpg

eFlux Wave Pumps

Ranging from 660 GPH to 2100 GPH.

64acf8b5-3b4a-4f5b-adbd-d68744c607f2.jpg

eFlux DC Flow Pumps

Ranging from 1050 GPH to 3170 GPH.

a90e8f14-b2a0-4598-bfe4-ff6d137a3f6c.jpg

The LOOP System Hubs and Controller

Light Hub,Wave Pump Hub, Flow Pump Hub, LOOP Controller.

69d9b71d-7625-4b07-b397-8351c93a9351.png 79417fdc-4960-4cb8-a7a5-fb42dd620320.png e9cea0c2-6899-4e1e-b613-d8d8731afe01.png b4dba204-7b9b-4cce-9e28-a49a0a96a6c3.png

Also debating this light. 

Satellite LED+ Plus

Full-spectrum LED fixture with wireless remote controlled color & effects

Custom color from your couch
Now you can shift the color of your aquatic environment without shifting your body with the industry’s first freshwater-optimized, RGB+White, wireless remote controlled LED fixture. Super bright 6500K White LEDs are paired with full-spectrum RGB LEDs to offer every color under the sun (and a few that aren’t) all controlled from a single 32-key customizable remote.

luces-led-para-acuario-current-usa-satel

Game-changing effects
Ready to enter the world of countless possibilities? The Satellite LED+ features effects that you’ll have to see to believe, plus each color is individually adjustable for endless custom color blends. Features include: 6, freshwater-optimized, color pre-sets 12, dynamic effects including: cloud cover, fading lunar, storm, lightning, dusk and more 4, memory buttons for saving custom color blends Pause/play each mode on-demand.

The perfect fit 
Sliding docking legs allow quick and easy adjustments for a wide variety of installations. This system also makes adding multiple fixtures a snap.

Low voltage, super safe LEDs
Low, 12V DC, IP65 rated LEDs making them super safe for aquarium use. 120 degree dispersion angle for optimal spread and color blending.(see chart below for specs)

Pick a color, any color
With so much hype into the industry, we decided it was time for a game-changer – reinvent the freshwater aquarium. Drawing on our years of expertise in both fresh and marine aquarium product development we have created another industry first – a full-spectrum, wireless remote controlled, customizable fixture that was engineered from the ground up for freshwater aquarium environments. Making it the perfect choice for a beginner setting up their first tank, or a seasoned veteran looking for a significant upgrade.

Each Satellite LED+ Includes:

• 1 Satellite LED+ fixture
  • 2 Adjustable docking mounts
  • 1 12V DC UL transformer
  • 1 Wireless LED remote control
SatelitePro2-300x300.jpg

FW-Arm-copy-300x286.jpg

NEW! #4193 Adjustable Tank Mount Bracket

null

FYI, this is a saltwater tank. 

2 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Hmm, between this light and the basalt rock you are lookin for I thought maybe you were going freshwater planted tank. Possibly a seagrass biotope?

Nope. Although that’s a good idea. The next piece of equipment I buy will most likely give it away. 

1 hour ago, Muttley000 said:

The acrylic I have cut I used my regular woodworking tools.  If I fed too slowly or had dull tools it would heat up and gum everything up.  I had the best luck with carbide router bits with a bearing on them so I could follow a template.

Thanks. I’ll have to figure it out. I need 2 holes drilled. 

I used a hole saw and it worked great. Local hardware store gave me the following advice. 1- don't push down hard, let the saw do the work. 2- Cut for a bit and back out to get the "gunk" out. These bits will heat up and melt. 3- sand the edges for a nice finish. Easier if done warm and using a hair dryer to heat up a bit.

1 hour ago, Flounder said:

I used a hole saw and it worked great. Local hardware store gave me the following advice. 1- don't push down hard, let the saw do the work. 2- Cut for a bit and back out to get the "gunk" out. These bits will heat up and melt. 3- sand the edges for a nice finish. Easier if done warm and using a hair dryer to heat up a bit.

Great advice. Thank you.