Marine Depot Group Buy! 2 Days only! May 12 -13

MarineDepot

BUCKEYE-Group-Buy-may.jpg

Hi Buckeye Reef Members!

Save 10% on over 3,875 items at Marine Depot 05/12 and 05/13 with coupon code BUCKEYEMAY.

Spend $200+ in the group buy and we'll add 500 BONUS Marine Depot reward points to your account (this will be tracked through your coupon redemption).

We'll also select 3 random customers from this group buy to receive some additional free goodies—just cuz we love ya!

Ready. Set. Shop!

1 hour ago, MarineDepot said:

Thank you for participating in the Buckeye Reef Group Buy!

Bonus reward points and gift orders will be processed in 24-48 hours! You'll see the points in your account right away once issued. 

Have a great Wednesday!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Jeff, without saying numbers unless you care to, are we allowed to know how the participation was versus your expectation? Did you generate what you expected in sales from our group?  I am interested in making sure these are good for you guys so that you want to continue doing them!

On 5/16/2018 at 11:46 AM, Muttley000 said:

Jeff, without saying numbers unless you care to, are we allowed to know how the participation was versus your expectation? Did you generate what you expected in sales from our group?  I am interested in making sure these are good for you guys so that you want to continue doing them!

The short answer is sales aren't all we are looking at.

All forums, clubs, blogs (we're talking aquarium-specific stuff here) etc. we sponsor have vastly different numbers of members/visitors and engagement. So a "bigger" website will most likely perform better than a smaller website. So we look at other metrics. Getting new customers. Getting a first-time customer to place their crucial second order. We look at order values. We look at engagement here on the board. Are members mentioning us more and linking to our site more often? Are customers that came from Buckeye Reef referring their friends through our rewards/loyalty program? Are sales in this area of the country increasing in general, even though we can't necessarily correlate the web traffic from this website to the sale?

There are many steps in the "path" to earning a person's business. In the past, companies would just like at the last click. Now we try to take a more holistic approach to how we look at things. It may take multiple touches or impressions with our brand before you decide to shop with us. They all have value, some more than others. But I think you probably get my drift. :-)

Hopefully that helped to answer your question!

Jeff @ Marine Depot 

On 5/16/2018 at 11:57 AM, jeff70 said:

I wanted lights but on backorder!!!  kessel 700 :) 

Kessil would have been restricted by MAP so we wouldn't have been able to discount it for the group buy, although if you have reward points in your Marine Depot account saved up you could use them toward your AP700 purchase.

49 minutes ago, MarineDepot said:

The short answer is sales aren't all we are looking at.

All forums, clubs, blogs (we're talking aquarium-specific stuff here) etc. we sponsor have vastly different numbers of members/visitors and engagement. So a "bigger" website will most likely perform better than a smaller website. So we look at other metrics. Getting new customers. Getting a first-time customer to place their crucial second order. We look at order values. We look at engagement here on the board. Are members mentioning us more and linking to our site more often? Are customers that came from Buckeye Reef referring their friends through our rewards/loyalty program? Are sales in this area of the country increasing in general, even though we can't necessarily correlate the web traffic from this website to the sale?

There are many steps in the "path" to earning a person's business. In the past, companies would just like at the last click. Now we try to take a more holistic approach to how we look at things. It may take multiple touches or impressions with our brand before you decide to shop with us. They all have value, some more than others. But I think you probably get my drift. :-)

Hopefully that helped to answer your question!

Jeff @ Marine Depot 

Understand and thank you for the thorough explanation!