Thanks Muttley for getting me sorted first off. 

First time saltwater first time solo fish tank first time reef tank. 

Ending cycle on JBJ 28g nano w/ aquamaxx hob 1.5 (not connected yet) eFlux magnetic wave pump kit, tunze 3152, Marinc bio media , and other small tidbits. Life rock. Yes. Using mollies. Lost 1. Aware of issues with now, I was guided this route by LFS before understanding a cycle. That said - I’d do it this way again. Excuse the poor light. 

5B175193-1BCF-485C-A5A5-388B16321CDE.jpeg

Glad you made it!  Like the rock work, and I’m thinking of getting a couple mollies just because I like them!  How did you acclimate them to the salinity or did the store already have them in salt water?

Store already had the in salt water. And my salt water was from that system. You can have any of these you want if you wish. I was going to return them tomorrow and let the cycle complete without risking them now that my readings are active. Multiple healthy Dalmatian, Black , and  gold doubloon. I’m in Dayton area 

Just now, NoWaiAma said:

Store already had the in salt water. And my salt water was from that system. You can have any of these you want if you wish. I was going to return them tomorrow and let the cycle complete without risking them now that my readings are active. Multiple healthy Dalmatian, Black , and  gold doubloon. I’m in Dayton area 

I'm about 2 and a half hours away, but thanks for the offer!  You could always do what I do, and just set up another tank lol

But I need to recover from cost of this next two months. I went from “I want a freshwater tank” to a year of research and then this. Every piece of hardware was bought in a span of 2 weeks...

3 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

I'm about 2 and a half hours away, but thanks for the offer!  You could always do what I do, and just set up another tank lol

All good. If think you’d be this way anytime soon I could keep them in the 10 for you. Easily a 100$ worth of fish 

Unfortunatly I don't think I'm going anywhere for quite a few weeks.  See the shelter huge/fireplace project thread to see why lol.

understand on the finances side for sure, money and time are the limiting factors for me in the hobby!

What is the stocking plan once the mollies come out?

Outside of cuc, pair of clowns , haven’t made sure on specific species but I’d like the arctic “word” ones, and a tiny goby if I can make it work in a tank this size until he grows

3 hours ago, NoWaiAma said:

Outside of cuc, pair of clowns , haven’t made sure on specific species but I’d like the arctic “word” ones, and a tiny goby if I can make it work in a tank this size until he grows

I stock less than most and I think that is quite reasonable for that size tank as long as you stay away from maroon clowns. 

1 hour ago, NoWaiAma said:

I’d like to do 5/6 fish total. +cuc including a shrimp. 

Why away from maroons?

They get big and are absolute terrors. You wouldn’t be able to keep anything else in a tank that small with them long term. In fact I would guess the female would kill the male in that footprint. Percs or similar would be a better choice IMO.