New to the Hobby 28G Nano

NoWaiAma

Current plan is aquamaxx HOB 1.5 - skimmer. Tunze 3152 auto too off. AI prime HD light. Eheim auto feeder(work swing shift). EFlux wave pump kit w/remote. Hopefully I can find a mesh lid to assist in keeping dog hair out but haven’t seen any options. Any safe way to remove the rim plastic w/ tank already filled?  

Pic is pre ammonia spike. Mollies went back when ammonia hit .050. Supplementing with ammonia. 

Open to any and all suggestions/feedback. 

CD498805-5453-4770-98D9-198479F222D5.jpeg

Eye sore and mounting is an issue for that light right now, gonna get something to put in between so it stays flush, as is it’s got folded cardboard to raise it enough so the screw isn’t bending in the interior rim in the back. 

Hopefully not an issue when mounting auto feeder. 

Already eyeballing a rimless 55G , so we’ll see...

3 hours ago, NoWaiAma said:

Side note. Lid off skimmer running = much more evaporation. Def need to get the ato setup. But now reading some really poor reviews on the model I picked up. RO/DI system on the way. 

If you think an apex may be in your future tha ATK runs stand alone.  I really like mine and if you use the club link for @MarineDepot the club gets a kickback that we use to buy frags and club tools.  They could also fix you up with the RODI if you haven't ordered yet.

Apex I think may be a tall order for this little tank. If there is a 50-75 rimless that would benefit us.. I’ll be doing that sooner rather than later... current swaying plan is to focus that , now that I’ve learned limitations on stocking. Granted my 28 will either become a frag tank or a dedicated “pretty” QT- pretty much set on a larger DT. 

Please do give your feedback on this. 4-6 fish just isn’t as appealing to me as a larger tank while maintaining a small profile now that I’ve done so much more research. 

My ammonia and nitrite is dropping fast so I’d assume doing a 50/50 would easily help jump start a 55-70?

It looks great with that light!  Yea, unfortunatly even 6 fish is probably going to be pushing it in that tank, but there is plenty you can do with it.  You could do a great zoa garden with larger leather and a couple fish, or some of the nicer shrooms.  In a small tank the fish aren't necessarily the stars IMO.

I was plannng zoa garden with anemones and Duncan ! I understand they aren’t necessarily the stars but at the same time before I got this far in my research and understanding I was hoping to be able to fit certain “larger/ needs more tank” fish. So likely larger tank by end of year. Just need to make sure I can keep up with this one first ^^

Watchman Goby and his pistol friend super healthy and active. Goby now comes out to eat, their cave has 3 entrances..so far. BLenny Hanna is starting to come out more , watching him now actually but can’t get close enough to photograph. New snails have gathered at the top. No idea where the scarlet hermit went I added yesterday. They hide for a while? Fighting conch still doing work 24:7

I say skip 55/75 and go straight for a 90/120 gallon. If you are wanting fish, you will want at least a 4' run for some tangs. Seems like a lot of space, but it really isn't much more. That's just my opinion. Especially since you are wanting to upgrade this fast. 

Looks great though!