Cleaning Tips

Clean the light fixtures regularly.  If there is a glass or plastic between your lights and the water it is amazing how much a little film blocks out!  When vinegar soaking powerheads don't forget about cleaning the return pump.  Even though it's not lit there is an amazing amount of crap growing on it!

I just cleaned my Gyres for the first time in a year :wacko: It's like they are brand new power heads. Seriously there is so much more flow now.

I need to do the return and skimmer next. Probably will do one at a time. Vinegar soak and scrub.

You can use a magic eraser (original unscented) to help scrub in between deep cleans and glass scrapping. 

If you are dosing, it is a good idea to calibrate the pumps every so often. Depends on what doser you are using on how often you should calibrate. I do my GHL Doser 2 every six months or so, an everytime it is still spot on. GHL FTW!

If I don't clean my gyre once every other month it stops working. I'm so over hat piece of equipment that it irks me to death to look at it. I've put new gaskets/bushings on it 3 times in a year plus numerous other parts. I did buy it used, but it's practically new with all the parts I've put into it. So to get a year from yours with no cleaning is super impressive! :D

corey