Dealing with the heat wave

Ok, normally my tank temp hovers about 76 degrees with minor fluctuations. During the last heat wave the temp got above 85 close to 90 because of the outside temp, the heater never came on either. Nobody seemed bothered by the rise in temp. I am curious, how do you deal with the heat like  this weekend? Should I even be concerned, since these things only last a few days?

5 minutes ago, Sortakindanoob said:

Ok, normally my tank temp hovers about 76 degrees with minor fluctuations. During the last heat wave the temp got above 85 close to 90 because of the outside temp, the heater never came on either. Nobody seemed bothered by the rise in temp. I am curious, how do you deal with the heat like  this weekend? Should I even be concerned, since these things only last a few days?

Point a fan at the top of the tank. It will increase your evaporation which will help cool the system. I would get concerned at 85 degrees

+1 for the fan.

My AC unit compressor failed last week and the house temperature went to 85. Luckily the tank is in the basement and maxed at 82 for a couple days.

The nice gentleman who will be replacing my unit brought a portable unit by until the new one is installed.

So far I have been monitoring temps and they are hanging at 80. 

On 7/3/2018 at 5:58 PM, jeff70 said:

back before I had air conditioning I would put frozen 2 liter bottles in tank sump and change it every 6-8 hours.  Thank god for air conditioning!!  just remember to turn off the heater!!!!!!! 

I took a water bottle and filled it with tank water, threw it into the freezer and let it float for awhile. Seemed to help a little. Damn old houses that you can't put in AC.