Monthly Coral Club

NoWaiAma

Yup... that was my point to them. Some people got 2-3 even 4 highly desirable frags and I maybe got one, the dip n dots chalice. It is not a stand out piece at all when compared to a pink lemonade chalice or kingpin chalice. Two different people got one of those chalices and 2-3 other desirable pieces.

WWC values their green slimmer at $49-$69. 

A frag that can easily be had for $10-20, for a big frag anyday of the week. It's the GSP of the SPS world.

The bob marley's at $59-65

They are just less cool rastas imo, it's mostly green with just a small amount of other color.

The lemon chasers are valued by them at $45-65. 

You would think by the name they are at least bright yellow, they are not. They are a very muted brownish yellow color. They look like a run of the mill common zoa.

And finally the best piece I got the dip n dots chalice that they value at $65.

It's reddish brown with orange/yellow dots. It's ok at best, I have a chalice frag I picked up for $10 at a lfs and it stands out just as much. 

Just disappointed the good stuff wasn't spread out in the orders a little more evenly. I would have been happy with one of the wow pieces other people got and the rest junk. But what I feel I got was all pretty much junk. Also very disappointed in the way they responded so far.

Well WWC agreed to send me a second pack. I'll let you all know what I get when it comes. I'll bet it looks more like the ones other people got. 

I have not ordered from battle corals YET, but have heard good things. 

My last big order was from fraghouse corals live sale. I was very impressed, frags were big, very healthy, super colorful, packaged great and priced well. They have a big live sale in September I hope to pick up a few things from.

9 minutes ago, NoWaiAma said:

That’s very very kind of WWC. They obviously want return customers. And you had a very valid point I felt. Even if the value exceeds what you paid, you essentially got what isn’t selling. 

That was exactly my point to them, while others got 3-4 very desirable pieces I got the stuff no one wants. I'm glad they decided to do that. Before this debacle I had made a order of over a grand and was very happy with all but one piece from them. 

5 hours ago, saltfever said:

Well WWC agreed to send me a second pack. I'll let you all know what I get when it comes. I'll bet it looks more like the ones other people got. 

I have not ordered from battle corals YET, but have heard good things. 

My last big order was from fraghouse corals live sale. I was very impressed, frags were big, very healthy, super colorful, packaged great and priced well. They have a big live sale in September I hope to pick up a few things from.

I was in on that sale too. What did you think of the way things played out?  Some people were really pissed off. 

Glad to see WWC stepping up. We will definitely need more pics. 

I knew it was a bad idea to end it early like that. I turned to my wife as soon as he mentioned doing it and said, their are going to be a lot of pissed off people. I personally can't complain because I picked up some really nice pieces and didn't have to watch the computer screen all day long. I definitely understand the frustration of the people who were going to join in on the second half. I do not think he will ever make that mistake again. 

How did you make out on the sale and what did you think of the pieces you got?

Lol I was all for it, but knew that it wouldn’t go over well. His previous ended a little early too and people complained. I was disappointed not in this one, but the last because most of the frags I got were super small. This one I was pretty happy with. 

I got one of my all time must haves RR Pink Floyd. Also snagged up his Side Chick tenus, which looks to me like a Walt Disney. So I really can’t complain. Got some nice freebies too because those idiots canceled their order. Lol!

F069D7DF-46F2-43BC-A606-5A707BCE4FB5.jpeg

B9574CF7-527E-47D0-A46D-64601959FC16.jpeg

Very nice! Yeah we got some of the same stuff or very similar. I was gunning for the RR Pink Floyd as well, was also lucky enough to snag up a frag of it. Can't wait for it to grow out. Might have to buy or work out a trade for a piece of that side chick one day. I won't be going all out in the next one. I'm going to try real hard at a HW, JF solar flare mille, acid trip milli and a JF after party frag if he has them.

Edited by saltfever
Changed a word

12 hours ago, NoWaiAma said:

I too wish to someday have a senior frag rack and gorgeous corals :)  can’t wait for that big tank..

One day my friend, one day...

13 hours ago, saltfever said:

Very nice! Yeah we got some of the same stuff or very similar. I was gunning for the RR Pink Floyd as well, was also lucky enough to snag up a frag of it. Can't wait for it to grow out. Might have to buy or work out a trade for a piece of that side chick one day. I won't be going all out in the next one. I'm going to try real hard at a HW, JF solar flare mille, acid trip milli and a JF after party frag if he has them.

I havent seen the after party, but it wouldnt surprise me if he had it. The solar flare is INSANE!!!

I'll get the new pieces from WWC on Tues, fingers crossed. I'll get some pictures up here once they get here. Chris from WWC has been very helpful and has done all he can to make it right with me. I will be happy as long as I get just one really nice piece. 

Edited by saltfever

Recieved the replacement order today. WAY BETTER! Much more inline with what other people were getting. I did recieve 2 duplicates from a previous order AOI zoas and kingpin chalice. In wwc's defense I did tell them I would have been happier getting duplicates in my last order. Because then at least I would have got some nice pieces. So maybe that's why they did it. Regardless I'm very happy with the replacements.

Replacement order items

Snowdrop acro

AOI zoas

Jason Fox Bipolar favites 

Kingpin chalice

20180724_102847.jpg

2 hours ago, saltfever said:

Recieved the replacement order today. WAY BETTER! Much more inline with what other people were getting. I did recieve 2 duplicates from a previous order AOI zoas and kingpin chalice. In wwc's defense I did tell them I would have been happier getting duplicates in my last order. Because then at least I would have got some nice pieces. So maybe that's why they did it. Regardless I'm very happy with the replacements.

Replacement order items

Snowdrop acro

AOI zoas

Jason Fox Bipolar favites 

Kingpin chalice

20180724_102847.jpg

Looks way better! I am thinking I need that Kingpin chalice and favia in my life.