35G upgraded to a 70g rimless!

Craig

Tanks going great, had a little scare. One of my red banded gobies went missing looked for a few days to try to find it. Something made me check the overflow and sure enough it was down there. Ripped all the plumbing out and netting him and put him back in the display. He hide for about a day and was reunited with his other buddy. Now they're non stop right next to each other. Nothing new has been added and the cyno bloom is finally going away. The sandbed is clean and whats left is just on the rock. The duncan had a few small heads finally appearing.  Ill post some pictures tomorrow. 

• 1 month later...

Finally have color on the rock and getting some coraline algae growth (finally). Going to cut a piece of acrylic to cover the sump, getting a bunch of salt spray around the skimmer area. Skimmer has been amazing for a cheap $99 skimmer. The only death ive had in the tank are a bunch of snails and hermits because my gigantic pistol shrimp I think is killing them. No fish lose yet and only lost the monti cap so far. I havent put any coral in months. Waiting till the Buckeye Swap :)

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

Idk I hear him snapping all day lol. Hes also huge its not a little one 

Oh man, yea mine looks like a mini lobster or a full blown crawl dad now. They snap whenever the fish and such get near their caves, watched mine also snap at his goby pal when it was day dreaming too far away. Lol

1 minute ago, NoWaiAma said:

Oh man, yea mine looks like a mini lobster or a full blown crawl dad now. They snap whenever the fish and such get near their caves, watched mine also snap at his goby pal when it was day dreaming too far away. Lol

Yep thats about the size of mine. I see all the hermit shells near his caves lol so idk. Maybe I will have to keep an eye on him lol. Got rid of a Melanarus Wrasse that ate a ton of inverts. 

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

Yep thats about the size of mine. I see all the hermit shells near his caves lol so idk. Maybe I will have to keep an eye on him lol. Got rid of a Melanarus Wrasse that ate a ton of inverts. 

Hahahaha you have a bone yard! When I fill my caves back in. They always move. Then I redid and made sure all the rock was touching bottom and couldn’t drop. More tunnels than the dmz now

Just now, NoWaiAma said:

Hahahaha you have a bone yard! When I fill my caves back in. They always move. Then I redid and made sure all the rock was touching bottom and couldn’t drop. More tunnels than the dmz now

Its so annoying lol, my rocks are on the glass and in his caves its nothing but glass LOL