35G upgraded to a 70g rimless!

Craig

2 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

I got one of the 1000 size gyres on my 40b and I love it.  It has been running for a few months so I can't talk to longevity. I just can't bring myself to buy any more Jebao, I know they don't last and am hoping the icecap will.

I’ve owned a lot of jebao in the tanks before the 80 never had issues. Kept them clean though. 

54 minutes ago, Craig said:

Current status. Need to get the skimmer breaking in. When can I start to add cheato? Can you add it while cycling? 

IMG_0930.jpeg

Looks great! And I would not add chaeto while it is cycling as it will most likely die. Macro does not do well with ammonia and needs levels of nitrate and phosphate. It will most likely die if you add it now

6 hours ago, euphylin me said:

Looks great! And I would not add chaeto while it is cycling as it will most likely die. Macro does not do well with ammonia and needs levels of nitrate and phosphate. It will most likely die if you add it now

This is the subject of great debates once in a while but I agree with not putting it in until after the cycle. I'd get your first fish or two in it also so you are making a regular supply of fertilizer.  Speaking of which what are you putting in this tank?