75 G converted from FW to SW

APrince62

9 hours ago, APrince62 said:

2 questions...how do I keep the snails in the tank lol and how do I make sure shrimp is eatting

While I have had snails come above the water line I've never had them leave the tank, at least that I know of!  You may not see the shrimp for a couple days, it will be fine, they actually get pretty aggressive on getting food once they get established!

14 hours ago, APrince62 said:

2 questions...how do I keep the snails in the tank lol and how do I make sure shrimp is eatting

Snails are usually pretty good about staying in. Sometimes one will go rouge though. 

Shrimp are some of my favorite to feed. Are you feeding flake, pellets, or frozen? Occasionally, I turn off all flow and feed. Your shrimp will go crazy picking stuff up. Lots of fun to watch. 

Feeding frozen tried to drop food to him and forgot power head food went wooooosh right past.   But after reading I’m sure he’s setting just have to go in and clean up some of extra food I put in. Gonna go get some more hermits....most fun game in last 24 hours was who can find the Hermes lol

• 1 month later...

Guess I havnt updated here recently...Current residents of DT...

domino damsel

3 stripe damsel

blue devil damsel

coral beauty

clown fish

Bangai cardinal

Cleaner shrimp

Scooter Blenny

misc hermits and snails

Misc coral bought at last 2 coral swaps

I lost one royal gramma when I added him the damsels immediately sent him under the rocks where he never left until he floated out....

Just added Coral Beauty 2 weeks ago...no issues, added clown and cardinal this morning ...no issues seen

Not sure on how coral are doing....not sure on placement.....they seem ok...need some advice on lighting schedule...have mid range fixture with white and blue adjustable leds

Plan on 2 more fish.....Yellow watchman goby and one spot foxface

would like a little more coral....pulsing xenia...couple acans, couple duncans, maybe a frogspawn and few more zoas

Not best pictures  but I know the rules  :)

clown and cardinal.jpg

new coral 2.jpg

new coral 3.jpg

new coral.jpg

3 damsels.jpg

coral beauty and cleaner shrimp.jpg

zoas.jpg

whole pic.jpg

Edited by APrince62