My little heroes!

hllywd

I've been having some problems with my 200. Not the least of which was an aiptasia infestation that was getting out of hand. I'll bet I had a forest of 25 or 30 growing on the side if my clam and quite a few more around the tank. I tossed 6 of these guys in, maybe a couple months ago. I didn't see any of them till a week ago. I did however think some aiptasia were missing. Tonight feeding the fish, I saw two peps out looking for some morsels. Even better, the clam is completely clean! Yay!!! 

E6845D45-9F75-4952-8402-F229459766EB.jpeg

I think you have to be patient with them for sure. A few years ago I had a 120 that has hundreds of aiptasia. I spent quite a bit on a few berghia nudibranchs. Never saw them again in six months or so. I eventually bought a few peppermints and didn't see them for quite a while, like this time. Then, I noticed the tank was a little better, then one day I couldn't find any aiptasia. In my two experiences, this is a months long solution.

9 minutes ago, hllywd said:

I think you have to be patient with them for sure. A few years ago I had a 120 that has hundreds of aiptasia. I spent quite a bit on a few berghia nudibranchs. Never saw them again in six months or so. I eventually bought a few peppermints and didn't see them for quite a while, like this time. Then, I noticed the tank was a little better, then one day I couldn't find any aiptasia. In my two experiences, this is a months long solution.

I bought a few Nudies a couple weeks ago. I've noticed some being gone, but I still have some. We will see what happens. 

14 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

I bought a few Nudies a couple weeks ago. I've noticed some being gone, but I still have some. We will see what happens. 

I hope they work for you. I didn't have very good luck. Curious, where did you find them?