Tank +

Joe

I was planning a cold water tank with this. But with the way things are going it could be a couple years before I could get to it and this stuff is just sitting here collecting dust. $275 for it all. 

$150 for the tank only

Dimensions 24x23.5x9 

F41F5FC1-AF83-45B1-B4A9-9820C4F7423E.jpeg

$50 for the pump only (never used)

7948D546-99D7-4BFF-9775-B1FD200B404B.jpeg

$100 for the chiller only

7BC7DE7B-E3E1-48CC-B982-3C917CDDBEE4.jpeg

Located in Sidney, Ohio 45365

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, mchute85 said:

Is the tank drilled or is that back area where you were going to put your equipment?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not drilled. The back area is where you put your equipment. 

2 hours ago, mchute85 said:

Hmm I am tempted, but really want to use a sump.  Do you have experience drilling acrylic?

I do not. I know it can be done though. You could always use a hob overflow if you didn’t want to drill it. 

On 2/3/2019 at 11:30 AM, mchute85 said:

Hmm I am tempted, but really want to use a sump.  Do you have experience drilling acrylic?

its not that difficult. there are specific bits for acrylic so it doesnt melt while you are drilling. I have only drilled one acrylic tank and the directions i was given from a buddy is to make a pilot hole then use a small bit, then go up a size, then go up a size and keep doing this until you get to the size hole you are looking for

I expanded the overflows on a 180 peninsula and added a closed loop circulation using normal hole saw.  Heat was not an issue, but I did have to purchase a pilot bit that enabled me to run two hole saws at the same time.  The inner was the same as existing hole, the outer was new hole for increased flow.  Just my two cents, the acrylic was 3/4", I just went slowly and would stop every minute just to be safe.  It isn't that difficult if you plan and take your time.

• Joe locked this topic