Water Change

Jesse

15-20 gallons once a month on my 80 gallon. I dose three part ATI, have a good skimmer and recently started using an algae scrubber. I'm monitoring phosphate now I'm running the scrubber to possibly extend that out. I have gone as long as a month and a half with no issues without the algae scrubber. I think what ever nutrient export and dosing methods you use dictate the need for water changes. I just started the algae scrubber about 2 weeks ago and I'm just starting to see some algae. I have already notice my ph swing starting to level out a bit.

7 hours ago, zachegg said:

15-20 gallons once a month on my 80 gallon. I dose three part ATI, have a good skimmer and recently started using an algae scrubber. I'm monitoring phosphate now I'm running the scrubber to possibly extend that out. I have gone as long as a month and a half with no issues without the algae scrubber. I think what ever nutrient export and dosing methods you use dictate the need for water changes. I just started the algae scrubber about 2 weeks ago and I'm just starting to see some algae. I have already notice my ph swing starting to level out a bit.

What is your plan once you are out of 3 part essentials?  I bought 3 10 liter kits off Scuzzy on R2R so I had time to see what others did.

33 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

What is your plan once you are out of 3 part essentials?  I bought 3 10 liter kits off Scuzzy on R2R so I had time to see what others did.

You're about to rain on my parade aren't you :(. Give me the bad news. If I can't get anymore I'm set up for almost a year at my current stocking level.

34 minutes ago, zachegg said:

You're about to rain on my parade aren't you :(. Give me the bad news. If I can't get anymore I'm set up for almost a year at my current stocking level.

I was pretty frustrated myself as I just got it dialed in when the discontinued it.  There is a pro version that is 2 part that replaces it. 

9 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

I was pretty frustrated myself as I just got it dialed in when the discontinued it.  There is a pro version that is 2 part that replaces it. 

Is the calcium and essential elements combined or just alk and calcium?

8 hours ago, zachegg said:

Is the calcium and essential elements combined or just alk and calcium?

Supposed to combine everything in the two containers, also not as diluted as before so you only use like a fifth as much.  I just didn't want to be the Guinea pig!  I'm not clear what has made it possible to put it in 2 parts when everyone else requires 3, so I will wait to see some longer term results before switching, or will move to the Triton elements if it doesn't seem to be working out for people.

9 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Supposed to combine everything in the two containers, also not as diluted as before so you only use like a fifth as much.  I just didn't want to be the Guinea pig!  I'm not clear what has made it possible to put it in 2 parts when everyone else requires 3, so I will wait to see some longer term results before switching, or will move to the Triton elements if it doesn't seem to be working out for people.

Well keep me posted if you hear how the new ATI two part  works for other people. You have me thinking about a plan B. I recently bought some coral from @Reefbuilder and he was using BRS two part and Aquavitro Fuel and had some amazing growth. It would be that or Triton.

https://www.aquavitro.com/fuel.php

• 4 weeks later...