Camera on tank?

Jesse

10 minutes ago, cptnspanky said:

Sadly im still awaiting my moai robot cleaner/camera on kickstarter. Theyve slowed to a snails pace on putting the product out. Still moving forward though....i suspect they ran out of money

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This sounds like it needs a dedicated post. 

2 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Great find! I just bought the panning version, I think my wife is going to steal it and I'll have to buy another lol

I have bought several. But can’t run them unless nothing else is using the net. But know if many using one with no issues. 

10 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

We have good web speed since fiber comes down my road. The hardest part will be putting security on my network. I’ve never done that before

First thing to do is change the username and password of your router. Then create a good strong password. Do those things and you’ll be fine. 

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Phone service is good in the house. Wouldn’t that eat up data pretty quick? 

suppose that would depend on your plan and carrier.  I have tmobile and I can pull a 40Mb/s down and 10-20 mb/s upload speed here at the house. And I have unlimited data.   

You could always run a speedtest from your phone and decide if paying for unlimited is better than the isp you currently have.

19 minutes ago, cptnspanky said:

suppose that would depend on your plan and carrier.  I have tmobile and I can pull a 40Mb/s down and 10-20 mb/s upload speed here at the house. And I have unlimited data.   

You could always run a speedtest from your phone and decide if paying for unlimited is better than the isp you currently have.

I have Verizon with 10gb per month. We never use it all. Here is speed test for both Verizon and my ISP. 

Verizon 

BD19CC71-36B9-4DAA-AA88-F546EF73ADD2.png

ISP is Century Link DSL

595DEEF7-530D-405D-B333-443302E6A4C2.png

I need to to check into other carriers out here. I would totally get just a hot spot from a carrier just for my cameras. 

I have Verizon with 10gb per month. We never use it all. Here is speed test for both Verizon and my ISP. 
Verizon 
BD19CC71-36B9-4DAA-AA88-F546EF73ADD2.thumb.png.574515b283f0f18cd61770110cf67a5a.png

ISP is Century Link DSL
595DEEF7-530D-405D-B333-443302E6A4C2.thumb.png.f1922c9187b2466d884fc7964e2b8170.png

I need to to check into other carriers out here. I would totally get just a hot spot from a carrier just for my cameras. 
35/4 is a heck of a lot better than that dsl. Id talk to verizon and see what they would charge you for a dedicated hotspot, with unlimited data. I couldnt survive on that dsl connection without losing my mind lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk