Jerry's EVO XII Build

surjer

10 minutes ago, Jon Fishman said:

I just got a duncan with about 20 heads on it.....  I swear there are some things that just don't do well in my tank.....   I'm worried it's going to do what my frogspawn (RIP) did.

It is my understanding that Duncans are super hardy but they are also real finicky. Sometimes they close up for days according to some. Mine has only closed up a day here or there with no real explanation on why., I guess they just do that. And apparently they can be closed up for weeks before opening! 

2 minutes ago, surjer said:

It is my understanding that Duncans are super hardy but they are also real finicky. Sometimes they close up for days according to some. Mine has only closed up a day here or there with no real explanation on why., I guess they just do that. And apparently they can be closed up for weeks before opening! 

The stupid thing is opening.... and never "fully" closed even when transferring..... but it looks very sad in comparison to the guy's tank I got it from!    I am working a 16 hr,  but will try to get pics of it when I get home if the lights aren't already off by then.

Of course I forgot.....   all 20-ish heads are "open"  just doesn't seem that the extension is the same as it was in his tank..... honestly no idea why I got it...... should have stuck to other stuff.......

EDIT:   I have something for the DBTC now!!  hey! 

Edited by Jon Fishman

3 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

That looks like a nice colony of gorilla nipples. 

haha, Im sure if they labeled them at the store in that way I would have remembered. I got these from JP Success as I have chalked that store up to my only LFS I will go to now...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty stoked with the purchase. The royal gramma did NOT like his trip overnight so he is hiding in the rocks and NOT coming out. He is alive tho. I hope he "warms" up to the tank. He seemed SUPER lethargic when i started to float him. By the time i started dripping him he started to wake up a bit but as soon as I put him in the tank he found a nook in the rocks and went to go lay down for a while. Probably still coming out of his temperature induced coma. They had a freezed pack in there. I never would have guessed but suppose that helps at least regulate the temps vs letting them fluctuate so much. Anways, corals popped right out once i dipped them and dropped em in after a 30 minute drip. 

55 minutes ago, surjer said:

I'm pretty stoked with the purchase. The royal gramma did NOT like his trip overnight so he is hiding in the rocks and NOT coming out. He is alive tho. I hope he "warms" up to the tank. He seemed SUPER lethargic when i started to float him. By the time i started dripping him he started to wake up a bit but as soon as I put him in the tank he found a nook in the rocks and went to go lay down for a while. Probably still coming out of his temperature induced coma. They had a freezed pack in there. I never would have guessed but suppose that helps at least regulate the temps vs letting them fluctuate so much. Anways, corals popped right out once i dipped them and dropped em in after a 30 minute drip. 

Where did you order the stuff?  I’ve heard several shippers say delays in cool weather aren’t a big deal but overheated livestock will die for sure. 

41 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Where did you order the stuff?  I’ve heard several shippers say delays in cool weather aren’t a big deal but overheated livestock will die for sure. 

Live aquaria, it got shipped late last night and got here at 9am so it wasnt packaged up long but having that cooler pad in there was shocking to me. Suppose its normal shipping practice. He is still all clingy to the rock so will see how he fares over the next few days.

• 2 months later...

Got a new phone and decided to update the thread with how its all doing. The royal gramma is the life of the party now that he is settled in so doin good there. All the corals seem to be doing well and happy. The GSP seems to be growing algae on itself which I find weird since there isnt really much algae growth anywhere else in the tank. Parameters look good so not sure whats up with that. Trying to encourage it to grow up the back wall now. I think it will be cool to have a wall of GSP. Anyways: Updated pics. 

2019-08-28 15.55.25.jpg

2019-08-28 15.55.14.jpg

2019-08-28 15.55.07.jpg

2019-08-28 15.55.01.jpg

2019-08-28 15.54.49.jpg

2019-08-28 15.54.36.jpg

2019-08-28 15.25.01.jpg

2019-08-28 15.24.35.jpg