Jerry's EVO XII Build

surjer

So far I have lost both fish, 2 snails, and the water is still not as clean as I would like. So, I ordered an upgraded return pump "sicce 1.0" and the intank Chamber 1 media basket. Also threw into the order some Seachem Purigen as well as the filter bags to put it in. I have ditched the stock foam filter and using filter floss. Should I ditch the stock carbon and bio media as well? Will the purigen take over that part? Not sure what the bio media is for. I have 20lbs of rock to 8.5 gallons of water so i would think i have plenty of suface area for good bacteria but maybe that isnt what that stuff is for?

I think you will like that pump, the sicce pumps I have used have been great. I personally would ditch the bio media, and only run carbon a week a month or when I perceived some other need although there are people who would disagree with that. Never used purigen here. 

Edited by Muttley000
Autocorrect!

Thanks! They seem to be liking things. They havent ALL opened up but most of them are.  I'm really hoping this new sicce 1.0 return pump (OMG Loud) along with the new chamber 1 insert with filter floss and purigen clean this friggn water up. It is so gross! Its not cloudy per-se, just lots of floating particals. Someone mentioned bacteria bloom but i thought that was more cloudy milky water. 

Every day a new adventure. Today I am seeing TONS of these little white BUGS on my glass and just everywhere. Guessing they hitchhiked in on the coral.. I dipped it in Coral Rx but maybe i did it for too short a period of time.. Yayy!!!