Learning as I go......

Jon Fishman

Well.   Everything is going smoothly and the zoas are spreading, the Devil’s hand that I didn’t even know was alive until it started stretching for light is getting bigger, and has some nice pink coloration to it now.      The leather stuff looks really healthy although I don’t much care for it.

So........    My daughter talked me into making P-Diddy (Now perhaps an Orange Tailed puffer??? not a spotted sharpnose.....   not sure still) no longer the sole fish in the tank.      So I added a pair of clowns my daughter picked out.   

Edited by Jon Fishman

13 minutes ago, Jon Fishman said:

Well.   Everything is going smoothly and the zoas are spreading, the Devil’s hand that I didn’t even know was alive until it started stretching for light is getting bigger, and has some nice pink coloration to it now.      The leather stuff looks really healthy although I don’t much care for it.

So........    My daughter talked me into making P-Diddy (Now perhaps an Orange Tailed puffer??? not a spotted sharpnose.....   not sure still) no longer the sole fish in the tank.      So I added a pair of clowns my daughter picked out.   

Nice, but we need pics!

So  (don't do this)   I added 1-cup of peroxide to my 75g/30g sump and turned off the lights, and expected to come back in town and pull the dead fish out, dry-out the rocks,  and empty the tank and start over.......  and my algae/dinos were gone.   

Nitrates at 7,  Nitrites-0, PH at 8.4,  and I forget the rest.....but all is great in the tank now.....   if I see anything coming back I will drop the light cycle down.

Nice....    I do remember them showing me a larger colony when I asked what it was.     It had started to grow inside the egg-craye in their tank so the bottow got no light.    color is slowly creeping into the rest of it, so I am guessing it will be a strong grower

image.jpg

On 4/5/2019 at 6:33 PM, buk said:

The top one could be a Montipora Digitata although it looks so ticked off it's hard to tell. The bottom one is a poccilopora.

So it’s better.    Also got a few more things.   The plate is a monti of some sort, superman-something.      

The monti broke when he tried to get it off of the crate it was growing into, so I placed the smaller piece in a different area of the tank

55DEB758-E698-4C1F-A9D8-D73D3DCB1A28.jpeg

AF1CBAA7-AD2A-44B7-98B5-B2FBF8303D6A.jpeg

8D89AB08-00E7-4B98-A945-E6CC114D1392.jpeg

EA682026-FCA9-4E64-A3CA-5A33EC7A237C.jpeg

73C60438-CADB-4210-8BE3-9183F34D372C.jpeg

O.K.  I'm hooked.....   I just volunteered for a bit of Over-Time to help me justify a tank upgrade.....   My brother is handy with a welder and he's gonna help me knock out a steel-square tubing stand.    I am only planning on going up to 135 gallons,  8' long.    Still working on where to get the tank from.....

44 minutes ago, Jon Fishman said:

O.K.  I'm hooked.....   I just volunteered for a bit of Over-Time to help me justify a tank upgrade.....   My brother is handy with a welder and he's gonna help me knock out a steel-square tubing stand.    I am only planning on going up to 135 gallons,  8' long.    Still working on where to get the tank from.....

Looking local or having it shipped?