Learning as I go......

Jon Fishman

OK.   it’s only money right?!?!?    Since my house is a virtual funhouse of colors (I think I have 60+ cans of various paint in storage now from leftovers!) I decided to do something “fun” with the wall behind the tank.......     So the plan is, to get some wall panels, paint them, hang them on the wall, silicone any cracks where they meet so they are smooth, and touch-up the paint.

I think with the lights from the aquarium it will look REALLY nice.    Either way, for those not familiar with wall panels, I’m looking at something like these, which I will probably paint canary yellow.....

F279EEC9-5149-46DD-971D-C863C869B1AB.thumb.jpeg.04cd0234d8e02cb4d7ea0d0e9a03e12b.jpeg6CFC55E3-C256-4811-9CF5-76A5DE550277.thumb.jpeg.a78ea79c2ff0260d7763193adb806853.jpeg

I did a “dry run” on the lighting.

I need to cut extra wire off etc    but these are fully adjustable up/down.   

I need suggestions for power cables though    I can’t use back-wall (have plans) so attach power strips under soffit and use channels/ties/tubing to pretty-up all the cables? 

I need it all run to timer/apex or whatever I will use too.

I just hung them really quick to check spacing etc    I really need this tank to be finished!

E55E4715-6D5B-4E45-ADC1-F955AE58E94F.thumb.jpeg.eb6ea59f15ff0aa020792b3a9d4bdc22.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.46c9adcf0f8e8fd49e0f6f9803e14d95.jpg

Please help!!!!   Need suggestions 

On 6/7/2019 at 12:02 PM, Muttley000 said:

Bummer, win some loose some I guess

Well well well.    I needed to replace it anyways and figured I would take a chance on 2 QD driver replacements.......    I have a 3rd MP40 and 2 additional new Wet-sides on the way, so Thought I’d make all three match.    

Wow am I glad I did.   New WD drivers are SILENT.    Can’t believe the driver made that big of a difference!   

I don’t think I will put the third MP40 in my 75.    It’s becoming a bit much!

image.thumb.jpg.fa5d13e57f0314b895374e9f8137570e.jpg

Aquatica called me.....  shored up some final details on the tank.......     

Getting the Reef Savvy Ghost Overflow, bevel all the edges etc, leaving the back clear (is this a bad idea?!? ) and the biggest thing.......    Decided to go 18” wide instead of 16”.     

He said my tank should be done next week.    Now I’m gonna have to eat ramen to afford to plumb this thing!

Yep.  done and done.   20” deep

I have an 84” wide stand......      So with a 96” wide tank (long I guess)  with a 10’ top that is 2” thick and a 1” thick sheet of plywood under that, I have been been told that the 3” thick top wouldn’t be able to hold the weight with the tank hanging over 6 inches on each side, without supports.....    So I guess I need 4x4 supports on both ends outside of my stand.    Not thrilled how this will ultimately look........   ButI also don’t want to destroy my house.     I should have had a metal tube stand professionally welded I suppose