Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jon Fishman

Learning as I go......

Recommended Posts

Well.   Everything is going smoothly and the zoas are spreading, the Devil’s hand that I didn’t even know was alive until it started stretching for light is getting bigger, and has some nice pink coloration to it now.      The leather stuff looks really healthy although I don’t much care for it.

So........    My daughter talked me into making P-Diddy (Now perhaps an Orange Tailed puffer??? not a spotted sharpnose.....   not sure still) no longer the sole fish in the tank.      So I added a pair of clowns my daughter picked out.   

 

 

Edited by Jon Fishman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jon Fishman said:

Well.   Everything is going smoothly and the zoas are spreading, the Devil’s hand that I didn’t even know was alive until it started stretching for light is getting bigger, and has some nice pink coloration to it now.      The leather stuff looks really healthy although I don’t much care for it.

So........    My daughter talked me into making P-Diddy (Now perhaps an Orange Tailed puffer??? not a spotted sharpnose.....   not sure still) no longer the sole fish in the tank.      So I added a pair of clowns my daughter picked out.   

 

 

Nice, but we need pics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So  (don't do this)   I added 1-cup of peroxide to my 75g/30g sump and turned off the lights, and expected to come back in town and pull the dead fish out, dry-out the rocks,  and empty the tank and start over.......  and my algae/dinos were gone.   

 

Nitrates at 7,  Nitrites-0, PH at 8.4,  and I forget the rest.....but all is great in the tank now.....   if I see anything coming back I will drop the light cycle down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anemone is pretty irritated that I dropped new corals in, and he is up in the corner sitting on a powerhead.   The corals aren’t opened yet (well, I haven’t been home in 14 hours)    Either way.    some current views from before I left

 

 

19C590B0-B1BE-413B-A432-F58DAD3647BF.jpeg

2F38A6E6-78B5-485B-9718-3722D8AF10F7.jpeg

20570B86-E275-41CD-B0F0-4374EA493204.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The top one could be a Montipora Digitata although it looks so ticked off it's hard to tell. The bottom one is a poccilopora.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jon Fishman said:

Ok.    What are they?!?!   

 

 

050BD020-B487-4B7A-8A3A-857C46E2C77A.jpeg

0A5BFC27-3038-40F8-955A-A4C569C585BF.jpeg

Not sure on the first one, but the second is a green(or rainbow) poccipora.  Sps that is easy to grow, likes light and flow. Will grow in a tight bush like colony.

Not my picture.
image.jpeg?imageId=143000&width=760&rati

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice....    I do remember them showing me a larger colony when I asked what it was.     It had started to grow inside the egg-craye in their tank so the bottow got no light.    color is slowly creeping into the rest of it, so I am guessing it will be a strong grower

image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 6:33 PM, buk said:

The top one could be a Montipora Digitata although it looks so ticked off it's hard to tell. The bottom one is a poccilopora.

 

So it’s better.    Also got a few more things.   The plate is a monti of some sort, superman-something.      

 

The monti broke when he tried to get it off of the crate it was growing into, so I placed the smaller piece in a different area of the tank

55DEB758-E698-4C1F-A9D8-D73D3DCB1A28.jpeg

AF1CBAA7-AD2A-44B7-98B5-B2FBF8303D6A.jpeg

8D89AB08-00E7-4B98-A945-E6CC114D1392.jpeg

EA682026-FCA9-4E64-A3CA-5A33EC7A237C.jpeg

73C60438-CADB-4210-8BE3-9183F34D372C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The before and after.    My devil’s hand was actually hanging upside-down and I thought it was dead.   I decided to keep it when I setup the tank not knowing what it was or if it were alive.     It is doing well today

 

Not in correct order!

7644A1BD-26E1-4531-8873-79A5D90CDB1F.jpeg

22DA9BE6-B3AA-4E53-B692-77709C1DF0BD.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O.K.  I'm hooked.....   I just volunteered for a bit of Over-Time to help me justify a tank upgrade.....   My brother is handy with a welder and he's gonna help me knock out a steel-square tubing stand.    I am only planning on going up to 135 gallons,  8' long.    Still working on where to get the tank from.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jon Fishman said:

O.K.  I'm hooked.....   I just volunteered for a bit of Over-Time to help me justify a tank upgrade.....   My brother is handy with a welder and he's gonna help me knock out a steel-square tubing stand.    I am only planning on going up to 135 gallons,  8' long.    Still working on where to get the tank from.....

Looking local or having it shipped? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

Looking local or having it shipped? 

 

There is a place for custom acrylics in "Butler"  PA,   I think it's within a few hours.... so probably borrow a truck and go that route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...