Cooking

Deftones2015

I used to make them all of the time, before I started working 3rd shift. I used to sell them too lol. It got so popular I had to stop because I was making probably 30 lbs a weekend and had people I didn't know asking for some. 

My favorite is the one I called Greek sausage. It had chicken thighs for the meat, grilled bell peppers, spinach, feta cheese and various spices. It was the most popular as well. 

I also made a few different bratwursts, Irish Sausage, african style sausage made with beef, Moroccan sausages that were sweeter, spicier sausages, a few breakfast sausages. 

I used to process people's deer too and make summer sausage and various deer sausages and jerky. 

The wife and a few buddies have been on me to make some lately. My buddies even offer to buy all the stuff lol. 

12 hours ago, Jesse said:

I would love to see a topic on your homemade sausage. 

Next time I make some sausage I'll make a thread and post a bunch of pictures of the process. 

2 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

I am not a big cook by any means, however, I do like to do breakfast. After that I just make a mess... 

Lol what do you like for breakfast?

13 hours ago, Deftones2015 said:

Next time I make some sausage I'll make a thread and post a bunch of pictures of the process. 

Lol what do you like for breakfast?

I will make biscuits and gravy, French toast, omelets, and the usual pancakes and waffles. My two favs are buscuits and gravy and the French toast though. 

6 minutes ago, Deftones2015 said:

What's some of your favorite food?

On the griddle? I cook everything on it. But what my family like the best that I make is breakfast burritos. The one thing I haven’t made some, but will someday, is cool a huge lobster on the griddle. Popcorn on the griddle is the Fams’ second fav. 

22 hours ago, Deftones2015 said:

I love game meat. I used to gig for frogs and set snapping turtle traps every year. 

I've never had popcorn on a griddle. Last year in South Carolina I had a soft shell crab sandwich. That was amazing.  

Love softies too. Very good. 

10 hours ago, Deftones2015 said:

So how do you cook popcorn on a griddle?

A little oil, popcorn, put a melting dome over it. When it starts popping, keep it moving. If you want a Carmel corn, add some raw sugar. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Biecacka said:

I love to cook....was an executive chef for a long time and learned under one of the best if not the beat around. 

Grew to just hate the job and the hours. But still have the passion to cook at home!

corey 

exactly how i felt. cooking under pressure is not very fun. but i love it at home!

I hated the 100+ hour work weeks. 7 days a row for months on end. It was killing me. I was miserable. 

But I learned from a classic French chef who was world renowned and holds every golf medal imaginable in the cooking arena. It was an honor to learn from that man! But after he left and I went elsewhere it just wasn’t the same. 

Corey 

I went to culinary school and worked in several nice restaurants, and then ran a small family type one a friend owned where I was the GM. Got tired of dealing with all the bs from employees, suppliers etc and working 90+ hours a week and not having a single day off for almost four years so I left the industry. Still like to cook, bake especially. I've started making it a sort of tradition I cook breakfast on Sunday mornings, varies every week, might be omlettes one week, specialty pancakes another, once in a while I go crazy and make a huge spread.