Sign in to follow this  
Jesse

Yellow Coris Wrasse

lg76385YellowWrasse.jpg

The Yellow Wrasse is also referred to as the Golden Rainbowfish, Golden Wrasse, Yellow Coris, or Canary Wrasse. It is golden-yellow with a black eyespot on the dorsal fin.

A 50 gallon or larger aquarium with a sealed lid, a 2-3 inch sandy bottom to hide under when frightened, and other peaceful Wrasses, including its own species, provides a good environment. It will eat fireworms and pyramidellid snails, protecting corals and clams. In addition, it may eat feather dusters, wild shrimp, tubeworms, and flatworms. It may also eat parasites off of tank mates.

The Yellow Wrasse diet should include vitamin enriched frozen mysis shrimp, vitamin enriched frozen brine shrimp, and other meaty foods along with a high quality marine flake and marine pellet food.

https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1379+386&pcatid=386

1 hour ago, cptnspanky said:

ive tried twice with these guys, and both of them were healthy and happy for a month or two and then found them carpet surfing.  My 6-line in my 300 did not like him though

I'm thinking about getting one but do have the concerns of it jumping.

Next fish on my list, have a ton of Pyramidellid snails that are starting to irritate my corals and so far seems to be able to go with everything in my tank.  Coco work may be in danger but other than that I think my tank will benefit.

I think I read somewhere other than liveaquaria that it gets along with other wrasse as long as they are peaceful.  Each fish is different though so all you can do is hope for the best. I have a leopard now that I hope it will get along with when I get one.

Picked one of these guys up today to help battle flatworms. Watched it bury its self into the sand and about crapped my pants. First time I've ever watched this happen with a wrasse in person.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Picked one of these guys up today to help battle flatworms. Watched it bury its self into the sand and about crapped my pants. First time I've ever watched this happen with a wrasse in person.

It is a pretty cool thing!  Good luck with him