Hello

Andrew Lawson

Hello everyone, I'm new to the hobby. Starting with a 16g  biocube from coralife with live rock and sand, going to be going with 2 flurry clownfish a bta and zoes Lps and maybe euphillia. I know what everyone is thinking the bta will kill coral but I'm going to get him in first and established then add coral to a magnetic holder on the sides. I think I have a handle on the start up but I know I'll learn a lot more, 

Welcome! Love to see new systems coming together! Seems like you have been doing a lot of research all ready which is very good. I always recommend reading everything you can about what you are adding to your tank before making a purchase. 

Are you planning on using the stock equipment on the biocube, or are you going to make any upgrades? 

Just a word of caution. Most people will recommend at least six months before adding a BTA to a tank. A new tank will go through a few stages, and then start to settle out about the six month time frame. 

Thanks everyone. Yes some upgrades I've changed the stock filter to a inTank stack with chemi pure elite, puerogin, and filter floss in the middle chamber, trying the coralife skimmer (herd good and bad things) but as long as it pulls out skim mate im pom with it, stock return pump, cobalt Aquatics 100w heater and just purchased the autoaqua micro ATO, depending on what coral I decide to do maybe dose kalkwasser or just more water changes but that's a different topic lol

1 minute ago, Andrew Lawson said:

Thanks everyone. Yes some upgrades I've changed the stock filter to a inTank stack with chemi pure elite, puerogin, and filter floss in the middle chamber, trying the coralife skimmer (herd good and bad things) but as long as it pulls out skim mate im pom with it, stock return pump, cobalt Aquatics 100w heater and just purchased the autoaqua micro ATO, depending on what coral I decide to do maybe dose kalkwasser or just more water changes but that's a different topic lol

unless you load up your tank with sps, waterchanges will suffice for a 16g tank. ive done nano tanks for a while. i would recommend doing 2g water changes at least once a week. that is what i did for my nano and it worked wonders.

Welcome......   I recently picked up some Flurry clowns....   kids picked them out.   If it were me,  for a small tank that size,   I would go to the local shop,  buy live-rock that you can see in person that is covered in coraline, and probably some critters like rock flowers and zoas......  and go from there.    Will give you a big head-start

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Karson Yan said:

Hello and welcome!!

I am also new guy here. Thank you for admins!

I have kept different kinds of aquariums before. And I love guppy so much!

So I also write an article The Correct Way to Keep Guppy here. If you are interested,

welcome to discuss more with me.

Also look forward to more fish tank caring knowledge here.

Welcome!  I hope you will share more about your tanks here!