Probiotics confirmed to help fish in a new study!

ReefFrenzy

It was great seeing everyone at the Expo! I've been slammed since returning home but I plan on bringing everyone up to speed with what's been happening at LRS HQ. It's all good stuff I promise. More exports, more product lines under our roof and next week we break ground on a new building to house more freezers and dry goods. 

In the meantime....

At LRS Foods we strive to be on the leading edge of innovation when it comes to aquarium nutrition. We process premium, human-grade, FDA certified seafood ingredients, then add costly supplements such as live blackworms, fresh fish eggs, PE Mysis®, Astaxanthin, betacarotene and more to create the highest quality foods possible. In 2013 we began adding active cultures of probiotic bacteria to our foods in order to offer the benefits which have worked in aquaculture of fish for human consumption for decades. Initially people were skeptical about this change to our foods since at the time we were the only frozen food on the market with "active bacteria." 

However, it didn't take long for the results to speak for themselves. Soon prominent researchers were reporting healthier broodstock, better egg quality, and more robust larvae. There are over a dozen captive breeding projects listed on our website where LRS foods were credited with assisting captive breeding efforts. Some of them you may have heard about such as the blue hippo tang, yellow tang, flathead perch, Gramma dejongi and others. Some of the rarest fish in the hobby have been captive bred on LRS Foods with probiotics.

The details are listed here: http://www.larrysreefservices.com/testimonials.html

Earlier this week researchers at the MOTE Marine Laboratory in FL published an article with their peer reviewed findings regarding their experience with probiotics and marine fish. The article is very informative and confirms that probiotics in aquarium feeds can offer real benefits. It is worth a look and it is very exciting that probiotics are now being given the proper credit that we knew they had all along.

17 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

I thought your talk with us was excellent!  I found the story on Mote's website if anyone else is interested in reading it.

https://mote.org/news/article/probiotics-boost-survival-of-baby-snook-in-aquaculture

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for posting the link. I forgot to insert it before finishing the post. It reads a lot better now. lol