My 180 upgrade

Sevitz5

2 hours ago, Mrbh22 said:

I would put the sump on 2x4s at least to get it off the floor so you can siphon out detritus if need be. 

Yea, I think I am going to build a stand to put it on to get it up off the floor. 

On a side note, I started building the tank stand today. I’m trying to figure out the spacing for my doors.F0759611-CA55-4AC4-B49D-C92FA13DD01D.thumb.jpeg.267769cbf3f1b653ef3b04242a9697df.jpegB0B752A3-CB47-45C6-8922-BF3976273E5E.thumb.jpeg.a85f82e68d22ffba5d88c83299f5b2ae.jpegE8183A67-820C-440F-B58D-89D2B57EA7E4.thumb.jpeg.bcd6487d79c7045c1f1bde4aaf39b791.jpeg

7 hours ago, JMM said:

You’ll fill it up in no time.  Are you going to increase your fish population? If you need any plumbing elbows etc... let me know. I have a lot of extra from my system build. 

I’m definitely gonna be needing plumbing parts, so I will hit you up. I will probably be adding a few more tangs.

Just now, buk said:

Looking good so far. I'm interested to see how you like the Trigger Systems sump once you get everything going. Do you see any down sides as of yet?

I did ALOT of reading up on sumps, there are quite a few that are just plain over priced. The trigger sump has all the features I wanted at a good price point...especially if you pick one up used. The only thing people are saying is the filter socks are tricky to remove, but I’m using filter cups so I’m not too concerned.

8 minutes ago, Sevitz5 said:

I did ALOT of reading up on sumps, there are quite a few that are just plain over priced. The trigger sump has all the features I wanted at a good price point...especially if you pick one up used. The only thing people are saying is the filter socks are tricky to remove, but I’m using filter cups so I’m not too concerned.

Awesome. I looked at them a good while before getting my Bashsea sump. They seem pretty nice. Keep up the good work on the build