My 180 upgrade

Sevitz5

3 hours ago, Jon Fishman said:

If my garage were that big, I still wouldn’t be able to have the room to build a stand!

Lol I was thinking the same thing!

@Sevitz5 it looks great, and you put the grain the right way on the front!  I swear 75% of DIY stands I see are the other way.  It doesn't technically make any difference strength wise but it still drives me nuts!

Edited by Muttley000

1 hour ago, Muttley000 said:

Lol I was thinking the same thing!

@Sevitz5 it looks great, and you put the grain the right way on the front!  I swear 75% of DIY stands I see are the other way.  It doesn't technically make any difference strength wise but it still drives me nuts!

Lol thanks 

Just curious, is the closet just behind where the tank is going?  Is the sump going to be too high on that tall of a stand for flow?  I’m looking at sump placement options myself, so that’s why I’m seeing and asking this.  My overflows come out the bottom so my options are pretty much below tank in stand or out of stand lol. 

20 minutes ago, Fishoutofwater said:

Just curious, is the closet just behind where the tank is going?  Is the sump going to be too high on that tall of a stand for flow?  I’m looking at sump placement options myself, so that’s why I’m seeing and asking this.  My overflows come out the bottom so my options are pretty much below tank in stand or out of stand lol. 

Yes the closet is directly behind the tank. I made the legs on the stand so I can cut them off to lower it once I find out the height of my plumbing. Realistically it’s probably going to be about 6” lower

10 hours ago, Sevitz5 said:

Yes the closet is directly behind the tank. I made the legs on the stand so I can cut them off to lower it once I find out the height of my plumbing. Realistically it’s probably going to be about 6” lower

This is an indication of good planning and thinking ahead, love it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...