Sign in to follow this  
Muttley000

Gyre Question

I have a 230 size gyre that I bought the pump only and control with an icecap module so my apex can make it run on a reversing gyre mode.  It works but it is evident it robs power from the unit.  I am exploring buying another 230 with controller so I can add my current pump as my second on that controller.  I'm having issues finding that combo any longer, was it discintinued?  I seem to remeber when the 200 series came out that the controllers would run some of the 100 series pumps, do any of the other controllers run the pump I have?

7 hours ago, Jesse said:

wonder if you could run the new 300 series controller with it?

When the 200 series came out it was backwards compatible with 100 series pumps.  I am also curious if that is an option or hoping for another workaround.

Unfortunately the Gyre 300 parts are not backward compatible so you cannot use the Gyre 300 controller with the 200 or 100 series pumps.  

In terms of the module, the HYDROS WaveEngine (coming soon!) will be able to drive all types and models of the Gyre.

You will be able to use a XF250 with a XF330 and a XF130 on the same WaveEngine!

Jeff @ Marine Depot