Switch Channel Manual Override

Jesse

The manual override feature in the switch channels page is used for turning on/off an outlet for a brief moment.

If you need to turn on/off an outlet for a period of time, use the Maintenance mode feature.
That is where you get to choose the duration of the override and can trigger it at anytime.

9 hours ago, GHL said:

The manual override feature in the switch channels page is used for turning on/off an outlet for a brief moment.

If you need to turn on/off an outlet for a period of time, use the Maintenance mode feature.
That is where you get to choose the duration of the override and can trigger it at anytime.

"240 minutes (4 hours) is the maximum allowed time with maintenance mode."

Is there a reason to not have the ability to shut a switch off manually? When doing a treatment such as chemiclean, or reef flux it is a must to shut the skimmer off for days at a time. The only option here is to unplug the skimmer from the Powerbar correct?

8 minutes ago, GHL said:

Turning off equipment for days at any given time of the week is outside of the intended purpose of the maintenance mode feature.

As you said, unplug the skimmer when ever you add a new batch of those products.

Thank you for the quick reply. Can’t tell you how much we appreciate you being on the forum and how much I’m loving your products. 

Having the ability to shut switches off might be a good thing to add in the future. I can think of one scenario off the top of my head while away from home or on vacation. 

Scenario one: I access my webcam on my sump and the skimmer is overflowing. The ability to shut that outlet off remotely would be needed.

24 minutes ago, GHL said:

Turning off equipment for days at any given time of the week is outside of the intended purpose of the maintenance mode feature.

As you said, unplug the skimmer when ever you add a new batch of those products.

11 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Thank you for the quick reply. Can’t tell you how much we appreciate you being on the forum and how much I’m loving your products. 

Having the ability to shut switches off might be a good thing to add in the future. I can think of one scenario off the top of my head while away from home or on vacation. 

Scenario one: I access my webcam on my sump and the skimmer is overflowing. The ability to shut that outlet off remotely would be needed.

I agree. I have had this happen while on vacation, and it was easy enough to open an app and shut off my skimmer until I returned. Inevitably it always happens when you are away and having someone watch the tank for you. 

We're always open to new suggestions. :)

Anything you have for us can be sent to:
wishes@ghl-kl.de

Using the same scenario, if a skimmer was overflowing while you're away, the ProfiLux can prevent this in a few ways, here's a couple:

• Temporarily change over the function of the skimmer to Always OFF until you return
  • Install a float switch inside skimmer cup which can turn it off in case the cup is full.

I’ve considered the float switch in the skimmer cup. How much do you have to worry about foam pushing the switch up falsely? 

A float switch in the skimmer cup would probably keep me from being lazy more than an emergency lol. 

On 5/9/2019 at 12:01 PM, Jesse said:

I’ve considered the float switch in the skimmer cup. How much do you have to worry about foam pushing the switch up falsely? 

A float switch in the skimmer cup would probably keep me from being lazy more than an emergency lol. 

Umm...that's a tough question to answer. :)

It all really depends on the bioload of your reef and how you have the skimmer set to run; wet or dry.
If the skimmer is consistently pulling junk out of the water, then I don't see a false alarm being an issue because the "bubbles" are often moving up the neck, over, and into the cup. Any lingering skimmate on the switch if anything would weigh-down the switch making it even less likely for a false alarm.