Hey All! R2R Sent Me Here.

jakesweep

Heya folks! New guy here. New to OH as well, living just west of Akron in a town called Wadsworth. I'm just putting together a tank after being out of the hobby for 12 or so years. I picked up a Red Sea Reefer 250 and am now in the research/obsess about gear phase.

Looking forward to meeting and getting to know you all. See you around!

Thanks all. Still mulling over equipment. Still on the fence about lighting. Looking at the Reef Octopus Vario return pump, and still unsure about powerheads vs gyres. I still need pretty much everything but the tank including RO/DI, so I have a lot to research. :)

I want to build it as a SPS-dominant tank first, and I'm not sure on the fish yet.

Hey.   Wadsworth is fried chicken land........   

Good luck researching.   I am currently overwhelmed myself.    What are your thoughts for lights?    Someone is selling a bunch of Kessils on R2R but I have spent SO MUCH in such a short period of time, I am reeling myself in!!!   They may be a great option for you though.

Well. I just bought a set of Noopsyche K7 Pro II 95w black box lights off R2R. The price couldn't be beat and they get really good reviews. I figure I can use them on a frag tank or sell them if I don't end up liking them. The ad isn't up anymore, but I got 3 of them with a controller for $325 which gave me budget to get the rest of what I need. I'll only need 2 of them, so I'll have a backup around.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/noopsyche-k7-pro-ii-95w.506365/

I put a big order in with Marine Depot and BRS today too. I decided to say &*%^ it and grabbed everything I need. Spent a crap ton of money, but it should get me going! Hopefully I'll have the tank wet by next weekend :)

Also @Jon Fishman I don't get the Fried Chicken land reference (too much of a newb in the Wad), but I'm curious. Is there good fried chicken somewhere I don't know about?

Edited by jakesweep

48 minutes ago, jakesweep said:

Well. I just bought a set of Noopsyche K7 Pro II 95w black box lights off R2R. The price couldn't be beat and they get really good reviews. I figure I can use them on a frag tank or sell them if I don't end up liking them. The ad isn't up anymore, but I got 3 of them with a controller for $325 which gave me budget to get the rest of what I need. I'll only need 2 of them, so I'll have a backup around.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/noopsyche-k7-pro-ii-95w.506365/

I put a big order in with Marine Depot and BRS today too. I decided to say &*%^ it and grabbed everything I need. Spent a crap ton of money, but it should get me going! Hopefully I'll have the tank wet by next weekend :)

Also @Jon Fishman I don't get the Fried Chicken land reference (too much of a newb in the Wad), but I'm curious. Is there good fried chicken somewhere I don't know about?

I reviewed some of the K7s. They are a decent light with some good dimming features. The controller is a pain in the butt, but once you get it set, you don't really have to mess with it again. 

47 minutes ago, jakesweep said:

@crimsonvice I picked up the Varios 6 and a couple MP-10s. Seems like the Varios is the way to go :)

Nice! 

3 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

I reviewed some of the K7s. They are a decent light with some good dimming features. The controller is a pain in the butt, but once you get it set, you don't really have to mess with it again. 

Nice! 

Well, what do you know? I thoroughly read your review before pulling the trigger on those lights. Thanks for the write-up.

I am trying to reign in the budget, so I think I will add 2 more Mars Aqua 300w lights.     100x 3w leds for under $200......    I’m pleased with the performance from my one light, so figured even if I change my mind later it’s not like I’m out a bunch of money 

Also thought about going Ocean-revive etc just for looks, but since I already have one Mars Aqua, it seemed silly to just toss it in the garage.   

Let me know how those work out for you though.......    I have looked at every light from super cheap to best of the best in the past couple of weeks!!