Favorite lfs listed them so others might make a day trip

Hi all

Ok i live where i have to travel around 40 mins to get to any decent lfs...salty critter is at lest 40 mins and always been one of my go to shops i went to dans when it was in his basement 

Aquatic technology this is also around same travel time seems to always have bigger fish customer service hit and miss

Aquatic gallery nice place both saltwater and fresh.super nice displays and i love the frontosa tank my favorite fw fish

Went to gerbers a week ago long trip close to 2 hr .  both salt and fresh not much in exciting corals.thought prices where a little high on the saltwater side for sizes.some killer deals on the fw side

When i get lucky enough to get a weekend off i like to go check out new stores ,so list your favorite and why

You just might make a nice day trip out for some one

Edited by Zaireguy

My favorite LFS is @AquariumArtisans in Cincinnati. Some nice coral and fish, and their prices are reasonable. Selection is always fresh, and they always have a few cool fish/coral frags. Store is smaller, but word on the street is they may be upgrading!

I have been to Rivers to Reefs in Columbus. Nice place. Large selection of saltwater and freshwater fish. Coral was way overpriced. 

Reef Systems Coral Farm is cool. Large place and the growout vats in the green house are neat to see. The 900 display is pretty awesome. Have a large amount of Neptune and Ecotech products on hand if your into that. Coral seemed to be pretty much the same few pieces in each coral tank, and they were asking way to much for very common coral. 

I second reef systems coral in New Albany near Columbus.  I went in there about a month ago and they have a really nice selection and helpful staff.  On the back side of the store they have a green house with large coral farm tanks with very well priced frags.  I was able to get a selection of frags for $10, $15, and $20 a head.

4 minutes ago, Zaireguy said:

Dont you have to make a appointment at reef systems?

Nope they are open everyday and have hours listed on their website.  It's not a huge store (two main rooms and a green house), but they have a large selection of coral throughout the display tanks and green house.  The two main rooms are probably 20x15 and the green house is probably 20x20.  The green house has 4 large tanks that sit on the ground that you look down into and they are packed with different types of corals, clams, and some fish.

The other store I read good reviews on but have never been to is Matt's Coral store about 20 min south of Reef Systems.

• 5 months later...

Rivers to reefs, Gahanna, Ohio, seems like a nice place. Visited for the first time a week ago. 

matts coral-Gahanna, Ohio, has a great shop. Very clean both in tanks and the store. Reasonably priced as well and quite a few sumps on hand. 

fish n stuff- Athens, Ohio has a good selection of freshwater and a handful of saltwater. Always decent priced dry goods with some reptile selection. 

• 4 weeks later...