Glass or acrylic

I had an acrylic tank for 3 years and it was lightweight. It was all scratched to hell. I wouldn’t be afraid to get one again, just wouldn’t do one as narrow or not square like I had. It was a 65 half hex and was hard to clean the bends and was only like 18” front to back at the widest part. 

I wouldn’t be afraid of acrylic. As long as you use the proper tools to clean the viewing areas. And use the proper tools correctly. You will be fine.

I’ve scratch both glass and acrylic. Worse search I’ve ever put in a tank was in a glass tank. I was in a in a hurry and ran the mag float almost across the entire front of the tank. Had a very large grain of sand or something in between the mag and the glass. Only one swipe and from that point forward all I seen was that scratch. Drive me nuts. 

7 hours ago, Joe said:

I wouldn’t be afraid of acrylic. As long as you use the proper tools to clean the viewing areas. And use the proper tools correctly. You will be fine.

I’ve scratch both glass and acrylic. Worse search I’ve ever put in a tank was in a glass tank. I was in a in a hurry and ran the mag float almost across the entire front of the tank. Had a very large grain of sand or something in between the mag and the glass. Only one swipe and from that point forward all I seen was that scratch. Drive me nuts. 

I feel your pain

I have a 300 acrylic tank..it scratches to easy i hate it.but two people can move it with no problem empty

I would go glass next..i hope to upgrade to a 375 to 400 next time..we have a sunroom that is screaming for a large tank..

I would love a 500....