Apex fusion cameras

castlet67

Ok,got the camera in and hooked up. One thing I found out. Security on Google chrome will block access to the camera. Firefox works without a hitch. Took a while to realize this. I will post the setup instructions here by tomorrow the latest. I basically copied and past the command line out of apexfusion to my iphone,and it worked. Explorer,chrome,just blocked it for some reason. 

1. Use this in apex url setting for Apex fusion camera:

Http://(username for camera):password for accessing camera@ (external IP):port)/video/mjpg.cgi

Example : http://admin:123456@68.22.1.105:9191/video/mjpg.cgi

User name and password are setup in dlink advanced setup page

External ip is your ISP ip address,not the internal assigned ip for the router. Example: dont use 192. Or 10.1 etc

Set a static ip address for the camera in the Dlink advanced set up so the internal never changes.this is where you use the 192. Etc up address.

Set the local gateway (router IP address) in dlink advanced set up

Set the http port in dlink advanced . Example 9191. Use whatever

Port forward in your router. Set port forward to static ip that you used in dlink and add that you used as well. 

It works very well except that Google chrome will not allow apex to access it through the firewall. You will have to use safari or firefox . The apex ap will not work as well. Maybe the default for the ap accesses chrome. I'm not sure yet but will let you know. So the downfall is you will have to log into the safari or firefox browser.