Wishy washed 120

Joe

Ok. So I finally decided on getting a 120. Not only have I decided. I actually bought one. Thanks @Mussin! What a great looking tank. Also got a sump. It’s a Skimz up36. It has a crack on one side. So the ato reservoir leaks. Not the end of the world as the rest is in great shape (brand new in box). And will make a nice sump for the 120. I have the build planned down to the fish. No corals planned at this time. But will most definitely be coming later.  This will be a slow build. And will be made up of premium equipment. Most I hope to find used. Here are some pics. 

Borrowed this pic from @Mussin’s for sale post. 943CC7DA-AEF7-40EF-88F2-39C133AA3F5F.jpeg

Here is the crack. Not sure if it can be repaired. But plenty of room under the tank to add an ato holding tank if needed. 

A3C706FF-E1BC-4AE7-98F2-30FF4C412F07.jpeg

Sump has been leak tested and passed. 

380EA58E-1237-47E3-B81B-8153DAB7E9A0.jpeg

D2F2BD36-6933-419B-A26C-F0226AC183EB.jpeg

stand will be refinished and a canopy added to the tank. 

A8BA4ADF-2FA3-47EF-B4A4-D1FA75202F14.jpeg

Also scored this from an old reefer @sadow. It will hold 65g of mixed saltwater.

9056DD6C-8529-4919-BF7B-705391FDBFA7.jpeg

Updates to come in time. As stated, it will be a slow build. I have to remodel the living room before I start this build. 

1 hour ago, Fishoutofwater said:

Is that ato chamber acrylic?  If so you may be able to sandwich the crack from each side or from the outside basically double layering it or triple layering.  A good amount of weld on 4 and some clamping. But that’s if your comfortable trying such thing.  

It is acrylic. Not sure it’s worth all the work. I’d like to have a bigger ato container anyways. But I’ll give it some thought. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, jakesweep said:

That's awesome @Joe, congrats! It will be cool to watch this come together :)

Thanks. 

Ordered a heater and some rock to start playing with. I would like to stay under 80lbs of Rock. Even less is I can get away with it. And I am going to be running 2 Eheim Jager heaters.  But got one to start. Just going to order stuff from time to time until I acquire it all. Will be December before tank gets wet. 

62664A84-C952-4A0B-961B-56358CC005A3.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Update on equipment coming.

GHL Controller

1 MP40wQD will be ordering another at some point. 

Vectra V2 return pump

More rock. Have about 80lbs total. Going to tray and not order anymore

Skimz SM167 skimmer

Skimz DCL4 Dosing reservoir - just in case ;)

That’s it for now.