Wishy washed 120

Joe

Wow what a nightmare. Finally got the bulkhead off. Had to cut it off. But got it off and changed. Got the tank drained and leveled. The one of the shims I was using buckled for some reason and that’s how it got out of level. The shims I am using now are rated for 8k pounds. So it should hold this time. Filling it back up now. Have 40’ of 1/2” hose running from the closet to the tank so I don’t have to carry buckets this time. 

Alright. Things seem to be going well for now. Flowing good. ATO is hooked up. Salinity is spot on. Cleaned out the sump from all the mess that was going on. Dosed ammonia chloride today. Ammonia is reading 1.5ppm. Would like to see it higher. But will dose check it daily and try to keep it as close to 2ppm as possible. But the fish less cycle is under way. 

NH3/4 is .5 today. Down 1ppm. Dosed NH₄Cl and it’s now 1.5 ppm. Still not 2ppm yet. I’m going to wait till tomorrow and will up the dose to try and get it to 2ppm. I have a little less than half a bottle. So we will see what happens. Regardless there should be enough NH3 to jump start the cycle.  

Today HN3 is at 1.5 I am going to skip dosing any ammonia today. NO2 is at 2ppm. So cycle is in full swing. I’ll just test daily until both are 0. Then after I think the cycle is over I’ll dose more ammonia chloride. If it still reads 0 after 24 hours. I should be good to go. Still expect it to take several weeks. Just wanted to jump start it. 

I do have an alternative sitting on the shelf if I run out of patience. Lol

Been in bed most of the week. This flu is kicking my butt. Just got up some energy to test the ammonia. It’s @ .15ppm. I’ll check it again tomorrow and test nitrites as well. I did cheat a little. But can’t see the cycle being close to being over yet. 

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Been in bed most of the week. This flu is kicking my butt. Just got up some energy to test the ammonia. It’s @ .15ppm. I’ll check it again tomorrow and test nitrites as well. I did cheat a little. But can’t see the cycle being close to being over yet. 

Get better soon. I had it last week and it stinks! 

8 hours ago, Joe said:

Hopefully feel better soon. 

NH3 is at 0. NO2 is at 4. I’d say that will be dropping by Sunday. I thought I have an NO3 test. But guess not. So I need to order one of those. But I did get to finish another part of the canopy today and cut down pipes. So I got some work don’t to it today. 

I should allowed the large canopy door to dry another day before putting it on. I have it propped open. I’m not going to rush the small doors on so I don’t mess up anymore of the paint. 

But I did get the GHL display mounted. 

81C85D1E-5751-4E3A-A06B-968B6BCC5DD7.jpeg